The Official Horror Thread

Rip

39 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Last I checked, the preorder for the blu-ray and DVD was available on Amazon at least.  No release date as far as I know though, unless they added one in the last day or 2.  So hopefully it'll come out here soon!

It's on VOD if you don't mind a $5 digital rental.

Green Room was so good. Y'all fucked up not seeing it in theaters.

Double featured The Conjuring 2 and The Neon Demon at the theater a couple weeks ago.  Made for a pretty solid day. Getting high in the mall parking lot gave me a lot of nostalgia feels. The Conjuring 2 was silly and WAY too long, but fun. TND will require at least one more viewing before I can really tell how I feel about it. Honestly, I prefer that over being able to pinpoint my feelings immediately.

8 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It's on VOD if you don't mind a $5 digital rental.

Green Room was so good. Y'all fucked up not seeing it in theaters.

Double featured The Conjuring 2 and The Neon Demon at the theater a couple weeks ago.  Made for a pretty solid day. Getting high in the mall parking lot gave me a lot of nostalgia feels. The Conjuring 2 was silly and WAY too long, but fun. TND will require at least one more viewing before I can really tell how I feel about it. Honestly, I prefer that over being able to pinpoint my feelings immediately.

Fuck the conjuring but REALLY can't wait to see the neon demon

On 7/13/2016 at 8:03 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Holidays wasn't on Netflix that I saw :(.

BUT I did see another newer movie on there that I wanted to see called "Road Games."  Supposed to be pretty good!  Hopefully I can check it out soon.

Goes up tomorrow.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3395965/netflix-horror-films-streaming-july/

42 minutes ago, kylet said:

Oh shit, I even looked at that page before on one of my daily Bloody-Disgusting reads.  Completely skipped over the part about it come in to Netflix!  Awesome!

Also, anyone else excited for Stranger Things tomorrow?

5 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Oh shit, I even looked at that page before on one of my daily Bloody-Disgusting reads.  Completely skipped over the part about it come in to Netflix!  Awesome!

Also, anyone else excited for Stranger Things tomorrow?

Haven't been following it much since I don't currently have netflix. But if you can't wait till tomorrow you can watch the first 10 minutes of the pilot here.

16 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Last I checked, the preorder for the blu-ray and DVD was available on Amazon at least.  No release date as far as I know though, unless they added one in the last day or 2.  So hopefully it'll come out here soon!

I actually downloaded it illegally

Anybody hear anything about The Blackout Experiments? 

As someone super into horror and very involved in the haunt industry, Blackout has always fascinated me. I've been to a few other "extreme" haunts but I've never been able to make it to Blackout. The documentary comes out tonight. Was planning to just rent it on VOD tonight, but found a place in Boston that has one showing tonight! Super pumped to go see it!

On a few unrelated notes, planning to see Lights Out Sunday morning, it's getting pretty good reviews.

Also was finally able to catch an episode of Stranger Things. 1 episode in and I love it. Hopefully it doesn't pull an American Horror Story and drop off a few in. 

Edited by kylet

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:07 PM, Bladewillisisdead said:

Four episodes into Stranger Things and it's only ok.

Feels like Spielberg making a PG-13 movie adapted from an unreleased Stephen King book in like 1985. So that's cool. My biggest gripe with it so far is actually the cinematography. Something about it feels off to me.

100% back this...after everyone going all "its fantastic", "sooooooooo good", etc, I found it very meh after 3 episodes. plan to watch 3 more tonight, so hopefully it picks up

17 minutes ago, kylet said:

Anybody hear anything about The Blackout Experiments? 

As someone super into horror and very involved in the haunt industry, Blackout has always fascinated me. I've been to a few other "extreme" haunts but I've never been able to make it to Blackout. The documentary comes out tonight. Was planning to just rent it on VOD tonight, but found a place in Boston that has one showing tonight! Super pumped to go see it!

On a few unrelated notes, planning to see Lights Out Sunday morning, it's getting pretty good reviews.

Also was finally able to catch an episode of Stranger Things. 1 episode in and I love it. Hopefully it doesn't pull an American Horror Story and drop off a few in. 

I saw the trailer for this a while ago.  Definitely looks good.  I'm sure I'll watch it eventually.  I completely forgot Lights Out came out today!  Maybe I can talk my fiancée into going to see it tomorrow.

Also, I watched Green Room (which was phenomenal) and Darling the other night.  Darling was pretty good.  It's basically a more graphic remake of the movie "Repulsion".  The same director has another movie on Netflix as well called "POD."  At least I think it's still on there.  That was pretty awesome.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

4 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Darling was pretty good.  It's basically a more graphic remake of the movie "Repulsion".  The same director has another movie on Netflix as well called "POD."  At least I think it's still on there.  That was pretty awesome.

Darling is on my list to check out. Is it available on any streaming sites?

55 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

100% back this...after everyone going all "its fantastic", "sooooooooo good", etc, I found it very meh after 3 episodes. plan to watch 3 more tonight, so hopefully it picks up

I finished it. It's good and fun, but not great. I'll be down for another season.

51 minutes ago, kylet said:

That's pretty ideal in my book haha

I think I would have liked it a little more if it had been a touch darker. By no means a bad show and I hope they get another season, but everyone should adjust their expectations because the hype behind it is a bit too much.

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread