Cleveland/Akron VC (or surrounding areas in NE Ohio)

sspeck

Ohioans unite! I've noticed that there's a lot of people on the board from the greater Cleveland area. So, I figured since Chicago has a thread of their own, why not us. (I hope to get some good feedback on starting this and that it's not a waste of time)

This thread will pertain to all things going on in the area (record stores, shows, getting together, venting about lazy labrador, activities, places to eat, anything really!). As I would like to get to know other collectors and people who share the same interests in the area! 

If this is already a thread feel free to delete (I searched and couldn't find anything). 

Me and a couple girlfriends are going to be in columbus March 1-3 for the Arnold Amateur Strongman World Championships. Doubt anyone here is interested in that though haha.

it'd be cool if there was a show to go to on the 2nd, since I think that's a free night. Anyone know of anything?

last time I was in akron my cab driver told me it was the meth capital of the US. then tried to be my ride home even though his shift was over.

That sounds about right. Had my car broken into and my wife's purse stolen in Akron while we were at a show. Fucking hate Akron. Except for the Akron Aeros and this little music venue called Musica (different than the place where my car was broken into).

Me and a couple girlfriends are going to be in columbus March 1-3 for the Arnold Amateur Strongman World Championships. Doubt anyone here is interested in that though haha.

it'd be cool if there was a show to go to on the 2nd, since I think that's a free night. Anyone know of anything?

prepare to be surrounded by affliction shirts and terrible traffic but there's an abundance of free stuff.

High street has so many good places to eat or german village

That sounds about right. Had my car broken into and my wife's purse stolen in Akron while we were at a show. Fucking hate Akron. Except for the Akron Aeros and this little music venue called Musica (different than the place where my car was broken into).

Yeah I was actually going to musica when this happened. back of the house is like a maze. we smoked with transit and then got lost for a good 15 minutes trying to leave. finally I opened up a door and fell face first into the street since there was about a 2 foot drop from the door to the alleyway.

I'm from Youngstown but I do half of my concert going and record shopping in Cleveland. And tons of Indians games in the summer. The other half I do in Pittsburgh. It's nice to be right between the two cities since a lot of tours don't hit both or I can choose which day works better for me if it does. But it kind of sucks to spend more time driving than I do at the show most of the time. And weather kills a lot of show for me in the winter. But not this week! Hot Water Music on Wednesday in Pittsburgh and The Jealous Sound in Cleveland on Thursday. I guess that's a good example, actually, because neither tour is playing the other city. I'm always by myself because I don't have friends that listen to the same music as me.

I'm from Painesville, about 25 minutes from Downtown. There's a great record store in Mentor ohio called REcord Den. I buy a lot of records there. Also an indie record store in Euclid called Music Saves. I frequent streetsboro all the time.

Never been to record den. I used to frequent ultrasound when it was open. Loved that place

It's funny how I've worked and been in many of these cities :P

Born at Akron General and live in Cleveland when I'm home from school. Currently out in NW Ohio at BGSU though, so I frequent Detroit more than home.

Music Saves/My Mind's Eye/Record Den/The Exchange are my main stops.

Finders/Rama Llama out here.

Madie you should stop in BG on your way to Columbus ;) lets pawty!

speaking of ohio what the fuck is up with cities near youngstown like Minerva ?

I went to a few parties out there and it felt like I was in the backwoods of Kentucky 20 years ago 

I had to look up Minerva to find out where it is. That's a good hour from Youngstown so I don't think it can be lumped in with it much more than Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Akron, etc.

However, what you're saying about is probably entirely accurate. Once you head south a little, it turns into the sticks really quick.