iPad vs. iPad mini

So I think I'm finally gonna buy an iPad. I was thinking about getting a kindle fire, but i'm gonna go iPad since everything I have is apple, and it'd be easier to keep my phone and iPad synched. I'm leaning toward the 64 GB mini for $529. I like the size better but know it has some weaker components. Is there any reason I shouldn't get the mini and should just get a regular one? Also, I want some sort of keyboard attachment so I can write on it at home, comfortably.

oh shit haha yeah I missed that part...

I have the same setup you've got going.... and I went with the ipad. I've found that I don't use it too much, to be honest. however, I feel that I'd use it even less if I went with the mini. I mostly use the iPad for video streaming and general browsing (eBay, the boards, news apps), so the bigger screen is nice.

I feel that the mini has an advantage in that its smaller size makes it much suitable for using when traveling etc. So if you're only gonna use it at home I see no reason why you would get the mini.

very true. didn't really consider that. but, with an iPhone 5, having another device while traveling isn't something I'd probably do anyway.

i've always felt the iPad is too big and my girlfriend's kindle fire is the perfect size. the mini is about the same size. also a larger harddrive is more important to me than a larger screen. $529 for 64 mini $499 for a 16 iPad

yeah, definitely. again, I guess it depends on what you are using it for. I could probably get by with a 4GB iPad if they existed, since I literally only use it for streaming and browsing. it's not practical for me for anything other than those two activities.

does anyone have an iPad mini? I don't know anyone but I'd be curious to see opinions from someone who has one.

yes i have one but i also have an ipad2.  i use the mini at work mostly because of the portability (for reading, etc.) and i let the kids watch movies on the full size ipad.  its a iittle bit harder to type on the mini, whereas the reg ipad has essentially a full size keyboard

yes i have one but i also have an ipad2.  i use the mini at work mostly because of the portability (for reading, etc.) and i let the kids watch movies on the full size ipad.  its a iittle bit harder to type on the mini, whereas the reg ipad has essentially a full size keyboard

Typing on an Ipad is so much slower than a real keyboard. Or are some people able to type on an Ipad without pecking at the keys one by one?