PO: Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (5/7)

Wow such  a crappy box for delivery, but still somehow managed to make it safely.  The record was floating in a 12x12x2 box with no padding. Some how no sleeve splits or corner dings.  They did include a poster and some pins.

Yeah that's how mine was too. I was shocked that it made it flawlessly.  The poster (even in a poster tube!) and  pins were a nice touch for sure since I totally wasn't expecting them.

so i had a question regarding this release.

i preordered the cd and vinyl along with the poster from their site, and received it from go merch a few days ago. i was surprised that there was no booklet or paper insert in either of the pockets of the vinyl sleeve. i thought there would at least be a 2 sided glossy paper with lyrics or something. well, i was just on deadformat.net and decided to look to see if there were any pictures of this release on there yet, and low and behold there are 5 or so pictures including a few showing a paper insert with artwork similar to the cd booklet. should i contact go merch and ask them if they can somehow get me one of these?

Mine has a 2 sided insert with lyrics on one side and pics of the band members on the other side. I'd say it's worth shooting them an email about.

Wow such  a crappy box for delivery, but still somehow managed to make it safely.  The record was floating in a 12x12x2 box with no padding. Some how no sleeve splits or corner dings.  They did include a poster and some pins.

I ordered two preorders (one for myself and one for the boy) at once and they both got to me packaged this way, in two separate boxes that arrived at different times. The poster tube in one seemed to have gotten the most damage though- it was bent up at the end and one of the posters were wrinkled at the end. Strange, but considering the cost I'm not too upset with it. Just wish I'd liked the album more, it's hard to want to part with them though when the presentation is so cool. 

Just to piggyback on the post about it being at HT for $14.99...

Not all of this is news, but whatevs.

According to my buddy who's a manager of my local HT.

• There are a "couple hundred" available through hottopic.com
  • ALL RED (what movie reference?)
  • Plenty of stores do in fact have them (between 100-200 stores)
  • No stores in the Pacific Northwest region have any copies yet.
  • Apparently, whenever there is a Hot Cash promotion period, corporate is sometimes less likely to send out a lot of vinyl since it's excluded. There's nothing technical that says you can't scan in a record for hot cash, so they do this to keep bonehead employees from selling a bunch of hot new releases or something with hot cash.

Just to piggyback on the post about it being at HT for $14.99...

Not all of this is news, but whatevs.

According to my buddy who's a manager of my local HT.

• There are a "couple hundred" available through hottopic.com
  • ALL RED (what movie reference?)
  • Plenty of stores do in fact have them (between 100-200 stores)
  • No stores in the Pacific Northwest region have any copies yet.
  • Apparently, whenever there is a Hot Cash promotion period, corporate is sometimes less likely to send out a lot of vinyl since it's excluded. There's nothing technical that says you can't scan in a record for hot cash, so they do this to keep bonehead employees from selling a bunch of hot new releases or something with hot cash.

Wonder when they will go online. They put up the frank turner LP the other day and you can actually use hot cash on it. if this goes up I'll just grab both.