PO: Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (5/7)

Since we are doing this:

Young Volcanoes

Miss Missing You

The Phoenix

Where Did The Party Go

Alone Together

My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark

Death Valley

Just One Yesterday

Save Rock & Roll

Rat a Tat 

The Mighty Fall

From Under The Cork Tree

Folie

TTTYG

Infinity

Save Rock & Roll

Also just picked this up on vinyl today so I'm pretty excited about that! Spinning it now.

Just One Yesterday (this one is way, way ahead of the others for me)

Save Rock And Roll

Miss Missing You

Alone Together

My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark

Rat A Tat

The Mighty Fall

The Phoenix

Young Volcanoes

Death Valley

Where Did The Party Go

Take This To Your Grave

From Under The Cork Tree

Folie A Deux

Save Rock And Roll

Infinity On High (Thnks Fr Th Mmrs is so bad that it ruins the whole album for me)

So many people on here can't enjoy good pop music and its starting to bother me.

Seriously. There's this invisible meter that determines how much we like stuff. When no one's heard of it, we're skeptical, but then everyone FREAKS OUT over some unheard-of indie label band who puts out one good album. We buy out a 1000 LP pressing in 45 seconds. But then, as the band gets bigger, we support them until they break up. (Best album is ALWAYS either their first or the last one before they broke up). Then on reunion or increased popularity, everything else sucks because people outside of this board suddenly listen to the bands we like.

Let's start naming bands where this fits to a T.

Seriously. There's this invisible meter that determines how much we like stuff. When no one's heard of it, we're skeptical, but then everyone FREAKS OUT over some unheard-of indie label band who puts out one good album. We buy out a 1000 LP pressing in 45 seconds. But then, as the band gets bigger, we support them until they break up. (Best album is ALWAYS either their first or the last one before they broke up). Then on reunion or increased popularity, everything else sucks because people outside of this board suddenly listen to the bands we like.

Let's start naming bands where this fits to a T.

I agree that this happens...but I still think this album sucks.

FOB are getting a lot of great press out of it and I'm stoked for them that other people are loving it, but it is not for me. I think they delved waaay too far into what is popular right now when they used to do a great job of skating around it. The problem with this album is that it is a Butch Walker album, not a Fall Out Boy album. 

I am not the audience FOB had in mind when they wrote this record. 

Next year this will be a forgettable album in a great discography...once all of the excitement and hype dies down I think people will start to see that...

/end opinionated rant

I agree that this happens...but I still think this album sucks.

FOB are getting a lot of great press out of it and I'm stoked for them that other people are loving it, but it is not for me. I think they delved waaay too far into what is popular right now when they used to do a great job of skating around it. The problem with this album is that it is a Butch Walker album, not a Fall Out Boy album. 

I am not the audience FOB had in mind when they wrote this record. 

Next year this will be a forgettable album in a great discography...once all of the excitement and hype dies down I think people will start to see that...

/end opinionated rant

Hey Hey Hey.... you leave Butch out of this =]

I agree, this very much has an old-school anthemic Marvelous 3/early Butch Walker feel to it with a definite 2013 influence, but production aside, the lyrics and sound is very much FOB.

People have different opinions on music, especially around here. It seems the majority of this board doesn't really favor pop, but that's fine, it's just what they like.

Pop itself is loaded Genre as well. Michael Jackson was Pop and so is Justin Bieber, and only one of them is a musical genius and or "any good" as far as most would say. This music just plain sucks, catchy or not. 

I guess its wrong to like the album here. I think its sound pop music. Better than a lot but not the world's best. Its not my favorite album by them or my aoty so far but it is very solid and all I could expect. Eh I guess everyone has their own opinions but as far as pop goes its very solid.

yup

Your first problem is that it is FOB.  

lol

I guess its wrong to like the album here. I think its sound pop music. Better than a lot but not the world's best. Its not my favorite album by them or my aoty so far but it is very solid and all I could expect. Eh I guess everyone has their own opinions but as far as pop goes its very solid.

absolutely agree.

Anyone else's needle end up on the labels at the end of a side? Just happened to my carbon at the end of both sides of disc 1.

I haven't had this problem at all

I love sticking to bands I like. Others like sticking to genres. If a band leaves a genre, that's where we may differ.

Edit/Reminder: I assume I'm much more fine with pop music than a majority of people in this thread. I'd listen to an album that sounds like this over a Deathwish album every time. (though I do listen to Parting the Sea... from time to time!) To reiterate, I think I've said this before... We may all like FOB, but our comfortable landing place when it comes to genre preference may be on complete opposite sides of the band. To some, FOB is as emo as they'll go, for others FOB is a poppy guilty pleasure. Same music, different starting point.

I love pop music and pop rock. It's fun. It's catchy. Play me some Kesha any day. But this is straight up garbage. Am I missing something cuz I didn't hear any witty fall out boy esque lyrics on this album nor anything catchy. It's just BAD music period. Meanwhile, the new paramore album is phenomenal.

witty fall out boy esque lyrics .

We will teach you how to make boys next door,

Out of assholes

The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger

Your hot whiskey eyes

Have fanned the flames

Maybe I’ll burn a little brighter tonight

Let the fire breathe me back to life

You know I only wanted fun then you got me all fucked up on love

We were the kids who screamed,

“We weren’t the same!”

In sweaty rooms