The COMMUNITY Thread

Season definitely ended on the downswing, last three were among my five least favorite of the season, maybe my three least favorite of the season.

I thought last night's episode was a little mediocre too.  I still enjoyed it and a so-so episode of Community is better than a lot of what's on TV, but it's one of the weaker episodes they've done this year.

I was elated when they started dumping on the Goonies.

I thought the story portion of the episode was kind of weak, but there were some brilliant moments in there- especially from the city guys, who, "yeah we have names".

"Don't worry, I've been drinking"

"Look for a hang glider"

• 2 weeks later...

http://screencrush.com/community-canceled-season-6-chris-mckenna-dead/

Just saw this then got really sad, though he tweeted "Late night fatalism based on negative whispers. I should never presume anything regarding this show" after those ones. All I want is a proper ending, or for the show to somehow go on forever within the comedic context of season 1, 2, or even 3.

No. I won't believe it.

same boat, i'll go to my grave saying that another season is coming out eventually

i think nbc understands, more than some networks, that a smaller but way more loyal fanbase is better than taking tons of shots on other sitcoms trying to replace it, especially when the best they can do is fill the same niche

i just had a dream that i watched what was the series finale. where jeff and annie are alone, and she's going on about something, before jeff finally just calls her out on her nonsense, and the show ends right as he's about to force her to admit that she loves him.

or something like that.

it's hazy.

i more remember the part where the 4 or 5 of us watching together were all stunned with delight with the way it ended.

but this was a dream, and that's all it'll ever be.

It's already in syndication, reruns are playing on Comedy Central and I'm pretty sure I heard a radio ad that it's playing on my local My Network TV affiliate. 100 episodes is a nice number because stations can run 2 episodes a week and not have any repeats for a year, but it's definitely sellable with 90-some or however many it has now.

We will know today either way. I was surprised as fuck when NBC renewed it last year. (I'm not a fan of the 4th season at all) Tvbythenumbers gives it more of a chance to be renewed than canceled and NBC has used #sixseasonsandamovie in their promotions so my guess is it will get one last 13 episode season like it has the last 2 years. I hope Dan gets to do the ending he wants. 

It's already in syndication, reruns are playing on Comedy Central and I'm pretty sure I heard a radio ad that it's playing on my local My Network TV affiliate. 100 episodes is a nice number because stations can run 2 episodes a week and not have any repeats for a year, but it's definitely sellable with 90-some or however many it has now.

Didn't know they were already syndicating it.  I know that the 100+ episode mark is what the studio seems to hit once the show gets close for syndication purposes, you're reason makes sense.