The COMMUNITY Thread

• 2 weeks later...

have we all been too busy still laughing over the newest episode to talk about it?

https://soundcloud.com/theleadguitaristforgunsnroses/dean-pelton-payday

I made this.

It's kind of weird, I made it in about 15 minutes and posted it to Reddit without thinking about it much, then I wake up this morning and Dan Harmon and Andy Bobrow have retweeted it and there's links on Slate and a bunch of other blogs. THE INTERNET

• 4 weeks later...

remember the cork board that sparked the feud between save greendale and the janitors/custodians?

it was knocked off the wall during the riots in the second episode when the students find out that minuses aren't real.

So I just discovered "shipping"/"shippers" as it relates to television shows, and found out there's a whole community of people who "ship" Community characters (mostly Jeff and Annie).

My question is: why does the internet suck so fucking much at appreciating things?

...what?

I guess not. I just figured Community was too weird/dark/unconcerned with romance to attract that type of fandom. I'd figure someone who watches tv for the romantic entanglements would get greater enjoyment from Glee or Gossip Girl or soaps maybe.

There's lots of Community fan fiction out there. On an episode of @midnight there was a whole category about it. Pretty sure most people that do it just think it's funny and aren't actually serious about it.

i read that comment before watching, and expected a single direct moment. instead, what i got was an entire episode joking with the notion.

gonna need to watch that about 6 more times, but i still laughed my ass off. /cuetodave

Just recently watched all of the series and, like most shows, I was quick to judge and ruled it out, but I was curious a few weeks ago and I watched up until season 5 and now I love it and all of the characters. The whole time I thought that it was cancelled and that season 4 was the last season, due to me not having cable and none of my friends talking about TV, though I'm so happy that it's still a thing. Now to catch up with this season and come back to the discussion.. Yay for clever, witty television! 

So did the show just confirm renewal or was that just me who noticed that?

I just took it as a joke.

If the show gets another season, I hope Chris Elliot's character is in it.  He would be a great reoccurring character (maybe clean him up a tad though).

Edit : The tag in this episode was great.