Does anyone drink Schlitz?

...and you remember when you had your first beer, right?

yep. my dad only gave me beer twice in my life. once when i was 9 (on my birthday and my first beer) and once when i was 12 (at a family bbq). my birthday they had a bbq/party and i remember it was the only time in years i would take a picture (polaroid) for my mother because i hated taking photos. i was wearing vans and a pair of ugly white shorts and a scorpions love drive tour shirt. she bought me Saxon's "Wheels of Steel" and my uncle got me "Number of the beast". i know for a fact my uncle put her up to it, because there was no way she would have got me that, as she hated rock music. she would have got me a mac davis 8 track or something if it was up to her.

my memory is pretty good because i relate certain life events with music. i can pretty much tell you which halloween i dressed like gene simmons because it correlated with the same year "THE ROPErS" debuted on tv which is also when i should have started kindergarden but didn't due to the cut-off date. the only year i could have played with colors and took siestas in school, but couldn't. Grrr.

I forgot I started this thread. 

Yeah, I don't like Schlitz, but in my town we only have two places you can buy alcohol. The LCBO and the Beer Store. Both close are 6pm (they stay open later on Friday + Saturday). Anyway, the Beer Store is about a 20 minute walk from my house and they have Olde English there. It costs $6 for a bottle. OR I can walk to the LCBO which is only 5 minutes away and pay $3.90 for a 32oz bottle of Schlitz. 

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I'm lazy and cheap, 

I forgot I started this thread. 

Yeah, I don't like Schlitz, but in my town we only have two places you can buy alcohol. The LCBO and the Beer Store. Both close are 6pm (they stay open later on Friday + Saturday). Anyway, the Beer Store is about a 20 minute walk from my house and they have Olde English there. It costs $6 for a bottle. OR I can walk to the LCBO which is only 5 minutes away and pay $3.90 for a 32oz bottle of Schlitz. 

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I'm lazy and cheap, 

Jesus I don't even like paying $1.25 for oe  king cobra on the other hand I genuinely enjoy

Canada is weird with their liquor sales, right? I think it's pretty heavily taxed and regulated. Not sold on every corner and I think in some stores they only sell singles? Maybe I'm way off. That's what a buddy told me. When I was 19 and going to Windsor to drink I always went to bars, never tried to buy from a store.

The name Schlitz always reminds me of this:

tried it for the first time a few weeks ago.

is it just me or does it seem like there are two different paradoxical flavors.

I know a word shouldn't be used like that for schlitz but yeah..

Schlitz is pure garbage, but for the price of a bottle of Schlitz I can only get tall boys of PBR. 

Canada is weird with their liquor sales, right? I think it's pretty heavily taxed and regulated. Not sold on every corner and I think in some stores they only sell singles? Maybe I'm way off. That's what a buddy told me. When I was 19 and going to Windsor to drink I always went to bars, never tried to buy from a store.

The name Schlitz always reminds me of this:

Yeah, buying beer/liquor here sucks. For example; a 12 pack of PBR in the states costs $8 something, correct? Here, it costs $16.45 for a 12 pack of bottles, or $17.45 for cans. I envy you Americans. 

Jesus I don't even like paying $1.25 for oe  king cobra on the other hand I genuinely enjoy

You haven't lived until you've bought a king cobra 40 oz from a shitty gas station to drink from a paper bag... while you cry.

When broke, I'm an advocate of the smooth and delicious taste of Colt 45. 

I remember one night waking up on the roof of my friends apartment building. It was pouring rain and there were several empty 22oz bottles all around us. We managed to get inside soaking wet, I still have not idea how long I was passed out. In the morning I looked on my phone and the history indicated I had made over 100 calls to someone I'd input as "Billie Dee". On the bottle label was a contest line that I must have called all night. I always called Colt 45 "A Billie Dee" after those awesome old Billie Dee Williams commercials. 

Anyway, when I think cheap I think of Colt 45 and damn if I didn't have some great times. 

When broke, I'm an advocate of the smooth and delicious taste of Colt 45. 

I remember one night waking up on the roof of my friends apartment building. It was pouring rain and there were several empty 22oz bottles all around us. We managed to get inside soaking wet, I still have not idea how long I was passed out. In the morning I looked on my phone and the history indicated I had made over 100 calls to someone I'd input as "Billie Dee". On the bottle label was a contest line that I must have called all night. I always called Colt 45 "A Billie Dee" after those awesome old Billie Dee Williams commercials. 

Anyway, when I think cheap I think of Colt 45 and damn if I didn't have some great times. 

Haha! That's a rad story! When I feel classy and have a few extra dollars I go all out a get a 40 of Colt 45, but when I'm poor, well.... this is what I resort to.