THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Champion - Different Directions test press $162.50 w/ 3 days left #10 /20

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHAMPION-LP-TEST-PRESS-Chain-of-Strength-Have-Heart-afi_W0QQitemZ220348571119QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item220348571119&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50

101 Test Pressings? That's ridiculous...

$270... bogus bid!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200300889022

haha. wow.

loving this and the BIN.

ive tried to make it known as many places as i can that more are being released. yes its a test pressing but come on theres 101 of them. shame on my experiments and lunacy.

however about a 99% chance its bogus id say.

funny how that one BIN was at like 115 and then after the auction ended he changed it to $250.

even funnier that the BIN includes the fuckin note i included in orders. hope people like jewish calendar tear offs!

easy. i call bill smith and say "hey can i make 100 tests" they say "sure"

you can run 500 tests if you really wanted to.

this isnt anything new. labels like hydrahead and magic bullet have done this many times over.

no tests were made prior to this but at the same time its not exactly fair to call these "tests" and i did what i could to not bill them as that. could have been the only release this record saw but seemed like people wanted them so more are being made and i wanted to kill the ebay train as much as i could. nature of the beast still takes its course.

I still don't understand how they are considered tests and not just a short run. Because they have while labels?

Forge Again has run releases limited to 100 and they aren't considered tests? If you are just pressing 100 or so, then they really aren't tests are they? You aren't testing anything.

I am just confused. I would like to know more.

these were the first records run for the press.

they are a test run. yes the label is still paying for them to be made and if they suck its on the label.

i could have run like 4 "tests" before doing 100 but i didnt. therefore these are "tests."

again these are the first records produced from the metal plates. this is what i listened to to make sure eveything sounded ok.

its a quicker way to mass produce some records. bands have done this more lately especially when the press wont be done in time for tour.

they are a test run. yes the label is still paying for them to be made and if they suck its on the label.

i could have run like 4 "tests" before doing 100 but i didnt. therefore these are "tests."

again these are the first records produced from the metal plates. this is what i listened to to make sure eveything sounded ok.

its a quicker way to mass produce some records. bands have done this more lately especially when the press wont be done in time for tour.

damn that's kinda nerve racking just the thought of a major fuck up ugh screw that..

damn that's kinda nerve racking just the thought of a major fuck up ugh screw that..

yes. putting out records is nerve racking. fuck ups tend to happen all over the place on projects but you take them in stride and move forward. at the end of the day if youre still having fun then you just keep going with it. thus far im loving every minute of it. (ups and downs included)