Holy crap! I reported a buyer on eBay and they actually deleted him!

First of all I'm sure this won't prevent him from making a new account and he'll be back tomorrow, but...

It was a little more than a nonpaying bidder. Guy had 100% "positive" feedback. There were probably about 20 "positives" saying that he didn't pay since you can't leave negative as a seller. I didn't see this until the auction was over. Auction ended February 3rd. Guy finally paid (by echeck) on Feb 7th. February 13th rolls around and the echeck is declined by the bank. A quick look at the guys feedback shows that in the last 10 days he bought and paid for 14 items and had 6 items that he won and never paid for so I reported it to eBay saying he was trying to commit fraud to get me to mail the package before the echeck cleared. He obviously had the money somewhere because he was able to pay for all these other items he bought and that he must be using multiple paypal accounts. Also messaged the guy telling him I had reported him to ebay and would be calling the local authorities to report him for fraud.

Anyways, he paid me (not an echeck) last night so the payment went through and eBay deleted his account today.

I'm sure there were multiple unpaid cases open against him. By the way, leaving positive feedback with a bad comment is dumb. Those sellers should know better.

yeah but you can't leave negative feedback if the buyer pays...how else are you supposed to get the word out, or leave a negative strike on their account? I know the buyer will get an unpayed item note if payment is never recieved, but I don't think it's visible to the public.

I've left positive feedback with negative comments. Its the only way you could leave a comment, which sucks. Theres no other way to warn people.

Once you leave positive feedback, can you still report them as non paying and get a final value credit? If its a $25 item you're basically paying $2.50 to try to warn other people.