Alkaline Trio U.S. Summer Tour w/ Bayside

jhulud

I've seen them a bunch of times but ill definitely be seeing them again on this tour. Santa Ana first date.

Think I'm going to try to go to the one in Santa Ana too. I'm hoping that since the start of the Alkaline Trip tour is 3 days after the revival tour is at the same venue... that Dan (and/or Matt) will make an appearance at that stop of the revival tour.

When i saw they were skipping Tampa i got annoyed, then i realized i haven't even listened to their last 3 albums and probably wouldn't even go anyways so whatever.  I kinda hate to say it, but at this point they are kinda dead to me (their old albums will be cherished, but i doubt i will enjoy any new material)

Plus Bayside? come on, you can find a better opener than Bayside.

I'm sure i am alone on this one, so feel free to let the smites roll

When i saw they were skipping Tampa i got annoyed, then i realized i haven't even listened to their last 3 albums and probably wouldn't even go anyways so whatever.  I kinda hate to say it, but at this point they are kinda dead to me (their old albums will be cherished, but i doubt i will enjoy any new material)

Plus Bayside? come on, you can find a better opener than Bayside.

I'm sure i am alone on this one, so feel free to let the smites roll

I jumped in around Infirmary and I hear ya. Someone made a comment in the thread about their new record that if you took the best songs off the last 2 albums, you would have 1 album that would make the older fans happy (or at least, satisfied). Everythings on youtube. I'd suggest giving it a try and be ready for a lot of satanic talk.

My two cents.

As bad as the lyrics have gotten, the worst thing line they ever wrote is Dan saying over and over "I don't know who your boyfriend is" in Crawl. I remember seeing them one time and a random dude started yelling "don't do it. don't do it!" Just as he was about to go into it. Cracked me up.

Also, better song with the extra "Crawl There!" Skiba screams on the Atticus II Comp. Small, but I love it.

As bad as the lyrics have gotten, the worst thing line they ever wrote is Dan saying over and over "I don't know who your boyfriend is" in Crawl. I remember seeing them one time and a random dude started yelling "don't do it. don't do it!" Just as he was about to go into it. Cracked me up.

Haha that part irritates me too. But I'd have to say the entire song "We Can Never Break Up" is worse...no matter how catchy it is.

Also, better song with the extra "Crawl There!" Skiba screams on the Atticus II Comp. Small, but I love it.

That was the song that got me into them. I hated the Atticus II version especially after the first had Jaked.

I got into them because "Armageddon" was on the soundtrack to the first Tony Hawk Underground game for PS2.

That game was freaking awesome and the soundtrack was stellar. I remember being introduced to Rise Against, Deltron 3030, Bad Religion, and a bunch more through that one. It was right when I was transitioning from radio alternative to independent stuff.

Guest tms2787

I have seen Bayside five (six if you count Anthony solo) in a little over the last two years, while I do like them quite a bit I don't know if I will be going to the Cleveland show this time around. Alakline Trio is cool but I am not super into them and seeing Bayside play the same set they've been playing again and again might not be worth the ticket price. We'll see.