RAFFLE: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3

thefence2113

When I woke up this morning, I had no idea I'd walk into a thread and agree with viewpoints being put out by idreamofpunk.

it's a new day, indeed!

that the OP is willing to siphon upwards of $100 off of each person willing to throw in on this should give the more sensible of us a reasonable indication of what's going on, here.

I was actually wondering what you'd have to say about my comments, if anything.

Lol. Coheed fans >>>>> EVERYONE ELSE'S OPINIONS

I also laughed at that, too. Everyone posts in every thread. So many people complain about how awful Brand New is in the Brand New threads and they don't get the big deal, same with Blink, same with whoever. I was at least stating that I don't have any vested interest in this 'cause I'm not interested in what's being offered but more the way it's being offered.

But yeah, blow your wad on this, newjacks. Have fun.

Guess you can't, 'cause someone decided to pick up his ball and leave.

I don't see the issue. He can do whatever he wants with his record. No one has an obligation to be charitable. I've done a bunch of charity related stuff, heck I'm probably towards the top of the list in that regard around this place, but that doesn't require anyone else to do so.

Don't enter if you don't like his rules. 

I personally have an issue with the entire raffle trend as a whole and I know for a fact many others do as well. 

Look, post your criticism if you please but he isn't doing anything immoral here. Your morality is not his. No harm is being done. 

are people forgetting that he already sold most of his coheed shit on ebay.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/82958-ebay-coheed-in-keeping-secrets-4-variants/

so it's not like he didn't try to ebay route already, he's just greedy. this one didn't sell for high enough so he is trying to get what he wants for it ubt hoping for more through this lame raffle. dude only cares about money, which isnt a bad thing, but he is being a weasel about it trying to hide being a raffle because nobody will pay him 5 katrillion dollars for his record straight up.

it also says a lot that the only people sticking up for this guy have entered the raffle or have 24 posts

i get the "fair shot for everyone" deal, but it also says a lot that the he is allowing people who just joined a few days ago and/or have under 15 posts but have been regesitered for years.

i'd like to point out that cory is a pretty ok guy.

we talk on the facebook and whatnot.

i kinda helped him orchestrate this whole thing, but also pointed out to him how ugly it was and how much shit he would probably catch.

i'm not a big fan of the whole 'street value markup' thing, because in the long run, it's just a fucking record.

cory views things differently, he treats collecting as a financial investment instead of an entertainment investment.

it's understandable, albiet a tad selfish, but i think you guys are being a bit more abusive than you should be.

i pointed out in PM how ugly it looked before it started. he knew what he was getting into.

i think he has big plans with the money he's making, but i'm not sure what.

he mentioned something about investing in a IKS test press, which he'd probably only flip later too.

but he is a very sincere fan of this band, and he's invested a lot of money in his collection. i assume things like this are only trying to make that back, and using the extra on his family.

i'm trying to say all of this without sounding like a dick, or making him look like a jerk, because behind all of that he really does seem like a cool guy.

we live in a capitalist country (at least most of us).  why should records be an exception?  if there is a demand, there will be flippers.

doesn't mean you can't voice your discontent or displeasure.  everyone is entitled to voice their opinion.  

i guess my point is, the only thing i disagree with was this guy submitting to the pressure of the naysayers.  and maybe some of the details of the raffle.

i kinda helped him orchestrate this whole thing, but also pointed out to him how ugly it was and how much shit he would probably catch.

cory views things differently, he treats collecting as a financial investment instead of an entertainment investment.

i pointed out in PM how ugly it looked before it started. he knew what he was getting into.

he mentioned something about investing in a IKS test press, which he'd probably only flip later too.

i'm trying to say all of this without sounding like a dick, or making him look like a jerk, because behind all of that he really does seem like a cool guy.

as if there already wasn't enough reason to have gripes about this

the dude caved so quickly. i didn't even get the impression that that many people were speaking out against it. if he had a better feel for VC he would've at least lied about it going to charity so people wouldn't harp on him as much. yes, it would make him an asshole, but no one would have known any better.

but back to my question. Is there a maximum entries count so people can figure out their probability before entering in the dark? Then when time comes (no idea when that it) the person entered 10 times and there is 500 entries. maybe it wasnt worth his time to put all that money in.

no hate, no confrontation, I just asked a question. rybread go complain somewhere else, or get a job or something. You're worse than casey.

but back to my question. Is there a maximum entries count so people can figure out their probability before entering in the dark? Then when time comes (no idea when that it) the person entered 10 times and there is 500 entries. maybe it wasnt worth his time to put all that money in.

no hate, no confrontation, I just asked a question. rybread go complain somewhere else, or get a job or something. You're worse than casey.

Okay, so I've now been called a scumbag and sketchy over something I started that was requested in another thread. I don't think I deserve that. No one ever forced anybody to bid. Hell, to be honest I never even had intentions of selling this at all...but a bunch of people asked so I started the raffle. Now I'm being made to look like some huge asshole because my dog isn't sick or something. Regardless, I'll be giving out refunds when I get off work and canceling the raffle. Some jackasses just can't let other people have fun.

I don't think he was going to have a cap on this, but it doesn't matter anymore. See bold. Your face is worse than casey.

My 4 copies on eBay sold for plenty. This is an extra I picked up. I'll be listing it on eBay later for any interested. Greedy? I would've sold this for $5 if only one person had entered. Unfortunately, everyone had to include themselves in a thread where they had no interest/business only to jump my shit. I suppose I should just sell it for what it cost to be pressed.

My 4 copies on eBay sold for plenty. This is an extra I picked up. I'll be listing it on eBay later for any interested. Greedy? I would've sold this for $5 if only one person had entered. Unfortunately, everyone had to include themselves in a thread where they had no interest/business only to jump my shit. I suppose I should just sell it for what it cost to be pressed.

I wish I could buy this record at a reasonable price. Good luck with the auction...shouldn't be hard.

i'm at work right now, jack.