OFFICIAL RSD13/Record Store Day Releases Thread (1st Post Updated)

Ill be honest, I absolutely hated Phish to no end when i was in high school. I was into strictly punk rock (the old school kind, not the kind of stuff that tries to be labeled as punk rock these days). Fortunately i was hanging with a group of friends that played it non-stop. Then it got to be tolerable. After time that tolerance turned into a stroke of genius i still have yet to see rivaled by any other band. I still mentally thank my friends for force feeding it into my head.

Not allowing stores to open at midnight is lame. We have four record stores around and having one open at midnight helped the other three stagger their opening time so it was feasible to hit each at opening.

On the bright side, I'm surprised the Deftones live album isn't $20 or something. It's now officially on my radar. I'm still wondering why the Whirr 7" costs so much. Isn't Run for Cover putting it out?

I don't like that rule either.  Maybe they don't want certain stores to gain an advantage on RSD sales or something?

Main Post updated:

New items added today:

 *NEW*  Various Artists Drive Original Soundtrack  LP PICTURE DISC featuring new artwork by Tyler Stout (different than LP cover)

            *NEW*   Botch American Nervoso  Remastered LP with bonus tracks never before on vinyl

            *NEW*   Cave In Until Your Heart Stops Remastered LP

           *NEW*   BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE Fist Full of Bees b/w Food for Clouds Colored vinyl 12", numbered out of 2000 copies with 2 HIDDEN TRACKS

 *NEW*   Ra Ra Riot Binary Mind 10" (1000 copies only)

  *NEW*  Elliot Smith Alternate Versions from Either/Or 7"  (features 4 unreleased outtakes from the Either/Or sessions)

Info on the Manchester Orchestra/Frightened Rabbit/Grouplove split:

MANCHESTER ORCHESTRA, GROUPLOVE, AND FRIGHTENED RABBIT

TEAM UP FOR RECORD STORE DAY

New collaborations to be featured on special 12-inch single April 20th

Canvasback/Atlantic recording artists Grouplove and Frightened Rabbit have both teamed up with Manchester Orchestra to release a very special 12-inch single for Record Store Day. The release, which features the Manchester Orchestra/Grouplove collaboration “Make It To Me” and the Manchester Orchestra/Frightened Rabbit collaboration “Architect,” will be available Saturday, April 20th at participating independent record stores. For a list of participating stores, visit http://www.recordstoreday.com.

“We wanted to release some sort of 12-inch for Record Store Day, but we had no idea how it would come about, or with whom we could trick into doing it with us,” said Manchester Orchestra’s Andy Hull. “I sent a text to the first two bands we wanted to work with and they said yes. Being friends with both Grouplove and Frightened Rabbit, we decided instead of doing a split, we’d make it a full on collaboration.”

“This is our way of putting some Manchester Love on some Group Orchestra,” added Grouplove’s Hannah Hooper, who helped design the release’s artwork. Manchester Orchestra’s Chris Freeman also contributed to the artwork.

“Andy Hull's solo album ‘Church Of The Great Thief’ was pretty much my favourite record of 2012, so when the opportunity arose for us to write a song together I jumped at the chance,” said Frightened Rabbit’s Scott Hutchison. “Strangely, we've never met, but via a string of emails and texts we managed to complete ‘Architect.’ I'm really proud of it.”

For “Make It To Me,” Manchester Orchestra sent Grouplove a “bare bones rock-ditty, which Grouplove transformed into an electronic explosion of funky grooves,” explained Hull. For “Architect,” both Hull and Frightened Rabbit lead singer/guitarist Scott Hutchison began talking about the song, and over time, sent voice memos back and forth before landing on its final version.

“I couldn't be happier with the end result and it certainly won't be the last time we collaborate with either band,” said Hull.

And info on the Deftones release:

DEFTONES TO RELEASE
LIVE: VOLUME 1 - SELECTIONS FROM ADRENALINE ON APRIL 20TH IN HONOR OF RECORD STORE DAY

12" EP FEATURES SONGS FROM DEBUT ALBUM RECORDED LIVE IN BUFFALO IN 1996, MASTERED AND PRESSED ON HIGH-QUALITY VINYL

261.jpg  

DATELINE - Burbank, CA - Grammy-winning alternative band Deftones have announced the release of Live: Volume 1 - Selections from Adrenaline on Saturday, April 20th, exclusively in honor of Record Store Day. The songs, all taken from the band's platinum-selling 1995 debut album,Adrenaline, were hand-selected by the band from a set recorded live at Memorial Auditorium in Buffalo, NY, on October 13th, 1996. The audio has been mastered for vinyl by Bernie Grundman at Bernie Grundman Mastering Studios from the original live analog sources and pressed on both 120- and 180-gram, highest-quality vinyl at Record Technology Inc. Live: Volume 1 is the first in a series of seven upcoming vinyl-exclusive releases planned by Deftones that feature live performances from the band's discography. Each 12-inch features four live tracks and exclusive album artwork by a variety of fine artists; Volume 1 features a cover by fine-art photographer Eliot Lee Hazel.

Tracklisting below:

SIDE ONE:

Minus Blindfold

Teething

SIDE TWO

Nosebleed

Engine No. 9

These are the things i would like to get:

At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
Blind Melon - Blind Melon + Sippin Time Sessions EP 2LP
Deftones - Live Volume 1--Selections from Adrenaline LP
Mad Season - Above Deluxe 2LP

Botch - American Nervoso Remastered LP with bonus tracks never before on vinyl
Various Artists - Drive Original Soundtrack LP PICTURE DISC featuring new artwork by Tyler Stout (different than LP cover)

... BUT, if its to expensive I just don't buy. The only must have, for me, is Blind Melon. I already have OPs of ATDI, Mad Season and Botch ... so there's no "need" to buy, if its to much, what most of it probably will be.

Main Post updated:

New items added today:

*NEW*  Various Artists Drive Original Soundtrack  LP PICTURE DISC featuring new artwork by Tyler Stout (different than LP cover)

            *NEW*   Botch American Nervoso  Remastered LP with bonus tracks never before on vinyl

            *NEW*   Cave In Until Your Heart Stops Remastered LP

           *NEW*   BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE Fist Full of Bees b/w Food for Clouds Colored vinyl 12", numbered out of 2000 copies with 2 HIDDEN TRACKS

 *NEW*   Ra Ra Riot Binary Mind 10" (1000 copies only)

  *NEW*  Elliot Smith Alternate Versions from Either/Or 7"  (features 4 unreleased outtakes from the Either/Or sessions)

So the Drive picture disc will feature the same artwork as the mondo release but actually on the disc?

Maybe?

So the Drive picture disc will feature the same artwork as the mondo release but actually on the disc?

Maybe?

From the description I received, it stated that it will have different artwork by Tyler Stout than the standard release on sale next week.  Also, there will only be 1000 copies available.

So not this one

1874724.jpg?QLT=85&FTR=3&BGCOLOR=FFFFFF&

Maybe this art but just on the record itself

f83faf27.jpeg

It would be cool if it was an alternate color or new illustration, but I am assuming it will probably be the same.

*NEW*  Various Artists Drive Original Soundtrack  LP PICTURE DISC featuring new artwork by Tyler Stout (different than LP cover)

I took that to mean something new entirely

Kind of just stumbled upon this one. Stoked. 

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=209799&

Whirr - Part Time Punks Session

Run For Cover Records

Black/Electric Blue out of 500

1. Blue

2. Flashback

3. Junebouvier

4. Twist

Know it's up on the front page. Just haven't seen it for sale...