PO: Evanescence - Fallen 2xLP (Now with 20th Anniversary Expanded Reissue)

well this has been fun for everyone. sorry my shitty thread cluttered the board. Maybe if they press The Open Door it'll come with a free bonus LP of Deja Entendu and then for sure be thread-worthy. For a second there i thought this board was to inform fellow collectors of available vinyl pressings. Guess I'll just shut up and listen.

Well you informed me, so thank you. I can't say I'm still a fan but nostalgia will always be a wallet killer. Also I have evanescencefan69 as a friend so it will be nice to rub in their face.

• 2 months later...

Damn just read on wind up records that they have a no refund/return policy... Wtf!?

I wonder if I can file a claim with CC company to get this reversed? So I can order from a company that has reasonable shipping fees

Send an email to [email protected] stating you want to cancel your order. Worked for me.

Mine just now came in the mail. Wasn't expecting it today

Did you order from Wind Up or Amazon? I'm assuming Wind Up as I haven't received the shipping notice from Amazon, but thought I'd ask.

pre-ordered this from amazon too using prime and i also had a 5 dollar off.  11.34 with tax and shipping sounds more like my language.

Right on. Love when that happens!

So I've finally gotten around to spinning it and it sounds slightly distant? Although that it sounds very clean and crisp. I haven't listened to the digital in forever tho. 

The album is about 49 minutes and pressed onto one LP with a good amount of dead wax. They must have had to cut at low volume to make up for the spatial constraints of shoving more than 45 minutes onto a single LP. So they made the right choice going low volume (the "distant" quality you're hearing) which helped retain the crispness you're referring to.

I've not heard it, nor do I plan to but that's the best I can explain what you're describing.

The album is about 49 minutes and pressed onto one LP with a good amount of dead wax. They must have had to cut at low volume to make up for the spatial constraints of shoving more than 45 minutes onto a single LP. So they made the right choice going low volume (the "distant" quality you're hearing) which helped retain the crispness you're referring to.

I've not heard it, nor do I plan to but that's the best I can explain what you're describing.

Ah that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining!

• jhulud changed the title to PO: Evanescence - Fallen 2xLP (Now with 20th Anniversary Expanded Reissue)