PO: Gojira - The Way Of All Flesh

Guest obzen

• 2 months later...

Am I crazy or wasn't this supposed to be released on April 29th? It says May 29th now but I swear it was April when I ordered. Also, the price went down since I pre-ordered and the shipping cost is also cheaper. I emailed them asking for a refund of the difference but haven't heard back. Am I being unreasonable? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We just received the blue/white split records -- gatefold jacket, gatefold insert, 2LP set. They'll start shipping next week, unless you also ordered "From Mars To Sirius" (which is still in production, although having approved test presses, they should be in hand soon).

47d9d6843f.jpg

We only have the rights to sell this album in North America, so we apologize to those living elsewhere for any hoops you might have to jump through to snag one. Where there's a will...

We just received the blue/white split records -- gatefold jacket, gatefold insert, 2LP set. They'll start shipping next week, unless you also ordered "From Mars To Sirius" (which is still in production, although having approved test presses, they should be in hand soon).

47d9d6843f.jpg

We only have the rights to sell this album in North America, so we apologize to those living elsewhere for any hoops you might have to jump through to snag one. Where there's a will...

Thats awesome & super early!  i ordered from mars as well so i'll be waiting a bit longer. Looking good though.

Can anyone comment on the sound and the printing quality of the Listenable represses? I assume these are not resized from the CD? How about the mastering - are the inner grooves sounding ok or distorted? Havent ordered any of these yet.

edit: I had totally forgotten that I have The Link. Sounds and looks amazing for a single LP. How about the other represses then? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone comment on the sound and the printing quality of the Listenable represses? I assume these are not resized from the CD? How about the mastering - are the inner grooves sounding ok or distorted? Havent ordered any of these yet.

edit: I had totally forgotten that I have The Link. Sounds and looks amazing for a single LP. How about the other represses then? :)

Gonna answer my own question here. I now have both the Listenable repress (blue) and the Prosthetic repress (clear). Im not going to put Prosthetic down here (I think its cool that they repressed these for the US crowd), but if you have a choice to buy one of these, get the Listenable repress instead. The jacket/sleeve printing quality is very good on both, but the record pressing quality is better on the Listenable variant. 

First of all, both of my discs on the Prosthetic one are warped (not unplayable warped, but pretty bad), and the Prosthetic one has a lot more treble-i sound in the midrange to them which can borderline with even slight distortion. Listenable records though are super flat and have more bass and a lot less distortion like treble. It almost seems that some remasterig might have been done (not something dramatic but very little) for the Listenable pressing. 

This isnt my final judgement, but I spent half an hour with these and the sound of the Listenable pressing was a lot more pleasing to my ears on every side.