Sigur Ros - ( ) and Agaetis Byrjun represses available on roughtrade?!

This is becoming an absolute shit show. I sure hope my second order from the UK actually shows up. This is my third attempt now in the space of one year to buy these things. I don't understand what the problem is. How exactly do they benefit from keeping the pressings so limited? Can they not see that having the rights to press these is like being able to print money?

"If you build it they will come." If you press them they will fly off the shelves in exchange for a lot of money. Please just make them available and everyone will happily part with $35-45.

I ordered both from rough trade a while back and haven't heard anything. Let me know what you hear!

Well here's the official word:

Hi Michael

"Agaetis Byrjun" was shipped on the 8th of April.

We only received 5 copies of "( )" and they went to the first 5 people that ordered it.

We're waiting got hear back from the distro, but to be honest I think they have over sold it.

If you want to try and get a copy elsewhere, then let me know and I'll cancel this order.

Thanks

John Webb

Mail Order

Rough Trade

Dray Walk

91, Brick Lane

London

E1 6QL

Crazy. You'd think, given the demand, they'd press the shit outta this one.

Has anyone received their order from Rough Trade (that lives in the US)?

I got mine on Saturday - ( ) only, my AB was canceled.  It's a god damn miracle I got it.  The address label was tiny and barely legible.  And there was no shipping/postage/customs markings whatsoever.  How this made it across the pond and all the way to my mailbox is a mystery.  I will try to remember to take a picture when I get home if I still have the box.

Didn't get a chance to spin it yet, but it looks pretty sleek.  It's a single sleeve with both LPs inside, and the cover has the ( ) cut out.  One of my most satisfying purchases, if only because I finally own it.

I got mine on Saturday - ( ) only, my AB was canceled.  It's a god damn miracle I got it.  The address label was tiny and barely legible.  And there was no shipping/postage/customs markings whatsoever.  How this made it across the pond and all the way to my mailbox is a mystery.  I will try to remember to take a picture when I get home if I still have the box.

Didn't get a chance to spin it yet, but it looks pretty sleek.  It's a single sleeve with both LPs inside, and the cover has the ( ) cut out.  One of my most satisfying purchases, if only because I finally own it.

Thanks for the response, it looks like only AB is available now on Rough Trade.

Both are available on Banquet Records, but I don't know anything about them. 

http://www.banquetrecords.com/search.jsp?query=Sigur+Ros

I ordered a copy of AB from RAREWAVES on amazon.co.uk on the 20th and just got a shipping confirmation (edit: fixed typo). Pretty excited, considering it was around the same price as the RSD press.

I'm 99% positive the USA RSD pressing is literally the same, in that all they did was send 500 over to the USA! Give they were an import price $35 on RSD and to order one from Amazon it's about $34!

I ordered one from amazon before RSD, and ended up scoring 1 on RSD so I wi compare and verify IF I even get it! (Hoping I don't now! To be honest)

I ordered ( ) and AB from rough trade...( ) came in a month after i ordered...emailed rough trade, dude said they over sold AB and had to cancel it on some and i was one of the unlucky.  He told me to order from someone in the US because he was sure there were going to be a good amount of copies over here.  Ordered from rarewaves, now its on the way...people paying any bit over 35 or 40 for this are goons.