Official OST and Film Score Thread

I hope this rumour appears to be true. It would be good to have some blockbuster Hollywood scores on vinyl for a change:

http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/05/02/music-on-vinyl-teases-godzilla-release/

This is awesome, I was curious if there was going to be a Godzilla release, it seems to have a lot of hype behind it! I still want to get MOV's Dredd soundtrack.

I hope this rumour appears to be true. It would be good to have some blockbuster Hollywood scores on vinyl for a change:

http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/05/02/music-on-vinyl-teases-godzilla-release/

I don't think that's really a rumor; more of a tease. Godzilla is coming out on MOV. They're also reissuing the score to Dune (1984).

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in TDRK thread a little while ago. I contacted Silva Screen to see if they anticipate more copies of Batman Begins to be added to their website. They said no, BUT it is very likely it will be repressed sometime next year on colored vinyl. Here's to hoping!

Batman Begins on colored vinyl via Banquet: http://www.banquetrecords.com/SILLP1316

I'm sure it'll start to pop out via other retailers soon.

Batman Begins on colored vinyl via Banquet: http://www.banquetrecords.com/SILLP1316

Wow, significant price difference from the 1st press. It seems I remember the 1st press being like $80+s/h when I ordered from Silva Screen. This press is £25, much cheaper. I wonder if this is a larger press?

Edit: Never mind, it's the same price as before and I checked my previous receipt and it was more around $66 total when I ordered, unless the currency rates were worse 2 years ago and that's why I thought the $80 sounded accurate. 

Wow, significant price difference from the 1st press. It seems I remember the 1st press being like $80+s/h when I ordered from Silva Screen. This press is £25, much cheaper. I wonder if this is a larger press?

500 units also, at least according to Norman: http://www.normanrecords.com/records/147526-hans-zimmer-and-james-newton-batman-begins-music-from-the

Thanks for the link. Pre-ordered a copy from them since Norman Records is already sold out and didn't want to miss out.

Anyone know when Norman Records put it up? I normally order from them and love the fact you can pay when ready to ship. Plus they're fast shipping to the states and the shipping charges are lower that banquet it seems. Not sure how I missed it being put up.

Have never ordered from Banquet, I hope it goes smoothly.

I'm hoping the "500" is leftover info from the first press and that this is actually a larger press. Because I would rather wait and buy this later (preferably cheaper too).

Norman Records list this under the press release and Phil is usually spot on based on my past purchases and info he's given me...

"A super limited coloured vinyl reissue of Batman Begins, the first film soundtrack in the batman trilogy. A first time ever coloured vinyl release for this much admired and innovative Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard score

• A limited edition of just 500 copies WORLDWIDE

• Gatefold sleeve double album

• Orange Vinyl"

Its not, its a new pressing.  The first pressing was on black vinyl.  If you wait you'll miss out.  I bet Silva Screen and Amazon UK add it at some point. 

No, but I'm hoping that this new press is larger, due to demand and that 500 number is a mistake. I have the first press and I just think it's weird it's not even on Silva Screen's site listed...

• A limited edition of just 500 copies WORLDWIDE

• Gatefold sleeve double album

• Orange Vinyl"

Dang, ok I need to get on this then.

Hmmm does soundstagedirect charge right away on pre-orders or using paypal on a pre-order? I must be blind, but I can't find any info regarding that.

It's tempting to pre-order a 2nd copy just in case my first pre-order can't be filled, plus they're states side which is a plus for me.

edit- nm spoke to live chat, they do charge right away.

Soundstage shows as still available for me. These are limited, but expensive so they won't sell out immediately. Hopefully the flippers won't get them all.

I see the Buy Now button when this is listed with Zimmer's other works: Man Of Steel and TDKR but when I click the button it states 'discontinued' 

I see the Buy Now button when this is listed with Zimmer's other works: Man Of Steel and TDKR but when I click the button it states 'discontinued'

Shoot. My fault. It is doing that for me as well. Maybe they'll put it back up if they can get more copies set aside for them? Or maybe a few people bought multiple copies and there's a one per person limit so a few more will come free? These are selling out very fast. First Norman, now SoundStage.

I'm a big fan of Banquet. Top Notch customer service and I've never had any issue what-so-ever with my shipments to the states from them. They'll take care of you.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Dang, Soundstage shows Temporarily Out Of Stock already. Also says "a super limited coloured vinyl reissue"... they must have had a certain amount like Norman Records.

It cost almost $20 more, but hopefully I got my order in with Banquet soon enough.