PO: The Front Bottoms - Talon of the Hawk - Out 5/21/2013 via Bar/None

TGG was a good Wonder Years album but it in no way was the brilliant masterpiece that all the hype made it out to be.

I mean, it's probably currently my #1 or #2 album, will keep loving it for a year or so, start not going about it in a year, then they will put out another album that exceeds any expectations I had.

At least that's been what they've been doing for years. Every time I feel I'm done with the band they put out something that I really really like.

Normally my album of the year is taken by a band I have never heard of with little to no expectations that blows me away. While acts like Jimmy Eat World (my favorite band), The Front Bottoms, Fall Out Boy (one of my favorite bands who I just saw live), and The Wonder Years really released some killer stuff my album of the year so far remains to be Twenty One Pilots - Vessel. That album is original, creative, catchy, and fun. I got a chance to see them at a chili cook off and it was a blast. 

The Front Bottoms really could've been my #1 but the more I listen to Talon of The Hawk the more I realize despite being their most cohesive and well produced release I do feel some of the magic the self title had is not there. I think their last album was just a bit more wild and for it was incredibly memorable. Talon of The Hawk is a beast of an album though and its still one of my favorites of the year.

I think there was two different states of mind when listening to the self titled record. Listening to it before you had seen them live, and listening to the after you'd been in the middle of the giant singing dance party that is their live show. I Know if I hadn't experienced it, I never would have liked the album at all.

I think there was two different states of mind when listening to the self titled record. Listening to it before you had seen them live, and listening to the after you'd been in the middle of the giant singing dance party that is their live show. I Know if I hadn't experienced it, I never would have liked the album at all.

I agree. I didn't like it at all until I saw them live, and now I absolutely adore it.

The only thing better than the new album, is vibing it live.

ppl dissing on TFB are more than likely a group of jive ass turkeys :P

My good friend thispartysucks128 said you guys met up and had a great time at the show last night! I also heard we'll be meeting each other as well at the Pet Symmetry show on July 9th?

• 1 month later...

I am very late on this, but this record is on non-stop rotation for me (much to my girlfriend's chagrin).

However, my DL code was for the first album. Anyone else have this problem? Contacted Bar-None so we'll see if they can get me the proper one but just wanted to see if I was an outlier.

• 4 months later...

Gotta admit I'm not really at all familiar with their music but people at the brand new show seemed to really dig it so I guess it can't be bad. Picked up this LP at their merch table, have yet to spin it. Seems likable, if not really particularly my kinda thing, but I'm excited to really check the songs out.