PO: The Front Bottoms - Talon of the Hawk - Out 5/21/2013 via Bar/None

Im at the second hoboken show. The vinyl are $15. And it looks like they have the cassettes here as well. Not sure which colors, but they are $7 each.

Fuck man. I really wish I woulda ordered the cassettes now. Now I gotta bite the bullet and pay $2 more for each one :(

Hopefully they still have them come July. It'd really suck if they sold out by then ahah

This band is playing at my record store I work at here. I listened to the album. Don't see the appeal at all.

I couldn't get into them until I saw them live for the second time and realized it was just a dance party. Had so much fun that I powered through his terrible voice and fell for their self titled. Talon of the Hawk hasn't won me over yet.

I couldn't get into them until I saw them live for the second time and realized it was just a dance party. Had so much fun that I powered through his terrible voice and fell for their self titled. Talon of the Hawk hasn't won me over yet.

Yup yup yup.

I'm still hoping that I get tickets for tomorrow. Heard awesome things about last night.

I might check them out. It reminded me of Say Anything.

I first saw them live around a year ago - they opened up for River City Extension.  I had never heard of them, and it almost seemed as if I was the only person in the room who didn't know the lyrics to every song.  It was such a fun atmosphere.  Had I not seen them live, I'm pretty sure I would have hated their studio material.  I typically despise anything that sounds remotely emo, but seeing them live got me over that.  I'm still not sold on Talon of the Hawk quite yet, but I imagine there's a good chance I'll be changing my mind.

I might check them out. It reminded me of Say Anything.

Max Bemis has a very similar singing style. It's more talking than it is singing. And max has a terrible voice too, although it's gotten better with time. I love it for what it is. I love say anything and I love the front bottoms, but I don't think anyone could say Max or Brian have good voices. They're just good at what they do.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. I'm curious what you didn't like in this one. I dig the entire sound, not sure anyone else has one quite like it. I don't know the back catalogue at all but have s/t coming soon. With nothing to measure it against I think it's a terrific album start to finish. Twin Sized Mattress is a damn great song. 

Interesting. I'm curious what you didn't like in this one. I dig the entire sound, not sure anyone else has one quite like it. I don't know the back catalogue at all but have s/t coming soon. With nothing to measure it against I think it's a terrific album start to finish. Twin Sized Mattress is a damn great song. 

Twin Sized Mattress is the best song they've done to date. But if you want to know my full feelings, luckily I've written quite a few words on the topic. 

I bought this on a whim after checking out a few tracks and probably is in my top 10 for the year...

cwhit...I know you are entitled to your opinion and everything...but biggest disappointment of the year...come on

That goes to Fall Out Boy's Save Rock and Roll....Hands Down...

and Transit :P

Also you going to the show at Musica?

I bought this on a whim after checking out a few tracks and probably is in my top 10 for the year...

cwhit...I know you are entitled to your opinion and everything...but biggest disappointment of the year...come on

That goes to Fall Out Boy's Save Rock and Roll....Hands Down...

"One of"

FOB was less of one than this. transit is by far the biggest and possibly my biggest ever. This is still a good album but nothing fantastic like Twin Sized Mattress led me to believe.