Green Day - American Idiot 2xLP red/black swirl Hot Topic exclusive

• 1 month later...

Hope this lasts just a little longer. Need it.

Looks like there are a least 100 left so you might be in luck.

Would love to grab one of these but that $32.90 shipping to Canada just sucks. I paid it when I ordered Siren Song but can't justify doing it again.

Is it the same price if someone in the state bought it then shipped it? All together I paid $35 and some change. I've only sent to Canada once so I'm not sure how much it costs now to ship a double LP to Canada.

Same pressing as before, Warner had some copies left over that they just told me about. Some stores have them too.

Now if only they had some copies of Reanimation :D

Awesome! Thank you! I've been looking to grab a copy of this.

No worries! Happy to help out people on here.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw one copy in HT today, realized I haven't played this album in 10 years and decided to pick it up. The red/black looks AWESOME. A lot of the music is coming back to memory so it's a good nostalgia trip for me. The pressing is awesome, really perfect pressing as far as I'm concerned. Flat, well centered and super silent. The jacket is also impressively thick.

Really impressed with the SQ as well, it sounds much better than I ever heard it, and it's super dynamic. Great sound all around.

BUT

They couldn't fucking get that segue right between Holiday and Blvd of Broken Dreams. Whoever was in charge of this: Get your shit together. Your one job is to put out records and you can't even put the music on the plastic properly. It's really not a good thing if even the kiddies with crosleys can make a valid criticism of the (lack of) quality of your product. I almost wanna blame Stan Ricker too, as great an engineer as he is. I know he can only cut what's given to him but dude. If something's wrong with the audio, you can like, you know. Fix it.

Otherwise would be a 10/10 release, now it's a solid 3 IMO

Flame away.

Just saw one copy in HT today, realized I haven't played this album in 10 years and decided to pick it up. The red/black looks AWESOME. A lot of the music is coming back to memory so it's a good nostalgia trip for me. The pressing is awesome, really perfect pressing as far as I'm concerned. Flat, well centered and super silent. The jacket is also impressively thick.

Really impressed with the SQ as well, it sounds much better than I ever heard it, and it's super dynamic. Great sound all around.

BUT

They couldn't fucking get that segue right between Holiday and Blvd of Broken Dreams. Whoever was in charge of this: Get your shit together. Your one job is to put out records and you can't even put the music on the plastic properly. It's really not a good thing if even the kiddies with crosleys can make a valid criticism of the (lack of) quality of your product. I almost wanna blame Stan Ricker too, as great an engineer as he is. I know he can only cut what's given to him but dude. If something's wrong with the audio, you can like, you know. Fix it.

Otherwise would be a 10/10 release, now it's a solid 3 IMO

Flame away.

huh?

huh?

Tl,dr this release showed lots of promise and ended up being super disappointing over a split second of botched audio and makes me wonder if I'm super picky or if I just have standards.

For those who may know, does the pre-09 cut have the same mastering issue? I'm guessing overall it doesn't sound as good as this one regardless?