PO: Funeral For A Friend - Casually Dressed... RSD Repress 2013

Snagged one as soon as they went up, despite having the original press. It is pricey, but unfortunately, most double LP's are over £20 ($30) here :(

Just need a copy of Hours at a decent price, and my FFAF collection will be complete.

Good luck with hours, got mine for close to 100 on ebay! But its a damn good record!

bought an OG copy of this on discogs about a year ago for $60. does anyone know the differences between the two pressings aside from the color?

by the way, this and Hours are two of the best sounding records I own.

I believe it's a straight-up repress from original masters, just on white this time. I should have my white copy in the next few days, so I'll compare and let you know.

Also available from marketplace sellers on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casually-Dressed-Deep-Conversation-VINYL/dp/B0000DD996/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1367399742&sr=8-3&keywords=casually+dressed

I got a "credit card declined" email from banquet, eventhough a bunch of other orders before and after went through perfectly fine. So I ordered a copy from amazon for  GBP 29 shipped. 

Also available from marketplace sellers on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casually-Dressed-Deep-Conversation-VINYL/dp/B0000DD996/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1367399742&sr=8-3&keywords=casually+dressed

I got a "credit card declined" email from banquet, eventhough a bunch of other orders before and after went through perfectly fine. So I ordered a copy from amazon for  GBP 29 shipped. 

May be worth giving Banquet an email to cancel mate. They put a post up the other day that any declined payments, the orders have been kept aside.

Just got this email from Amazon:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on April 06 2013.

Funeral For A Friend "Casually Dressed And Deep In Conversation [VINYL]"

We are awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

I don't know if that's what they always send out when something's unavailable, but it might mean that they could get them eventually. 

Amazon just sent me this

"Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000DD996

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.  This item has now been cancelled from your order....."

Amazon just sent me this

"Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000DD996

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.  This item has now been cancelled from your order....."

yep, they cancelled my order too. Luckily i got one from Banquet.

Received my copy today from a marketplace seller on amazon called Action Records. 

First off, their packaging is bulletproof. One of the few records I have that is completely mint - no dinged corners or anything.

On to the release... In terms of sound quality, it doesn't come close to the first pressing. Whoever did mastering on this thing, didn't do their job all that well. Side A for example is filled only about half way into the record. The whole point of doing a double LP is to get less compression with spreading out the tracks, why on earth would someone NOT use the space available? The most noticeable results of this are the overall volume and dynamic range, but there's much more to it than that and such a "mistake" is really unprofessional.

The entire cover/insert art doesn't look as good as on the original as well. The colors are way over-saturated, and the images are a bit grainier than I would like.

Overall, a vastly inferior release. I might end up keeping it just as a back-up, but whenever I'll bee in need of some quick cash this will be the first to go.

Since the first press has taken a dive and sells for even less than the repress (well the last one on ebay did anyway), I strongly suggest anyone looking for this to wait out and get the first one.

i just got an email from amazon that the dispatch date has changed to may 15-16. is this actually going to go through?

I got the same thing. I have no clue what's going on since they have cancelled some and not others. I already got mine from Banquet for way too much than I wanted to pay, but I had to own this and had no clue if this would go through or not. Also, I think the RSD version sounds great, but I don't have the original press to compare it to. Regardless, I'm satisfied. Though I am interested to see if this Amazon order still goes through.