Kanye West -Yeezus

Guest deathbydrums

Got this today... nice to have on wax!

So... I'm always confused about how bootleggers get away with it?? Especially this one. Is Kanye behind it? Apologies if I missed this in the previous pages.

A company in Germany is pressing the bootlegs, I think I heard that the vinyl-digital site are actually the ones who pressed it.  Not exactly sure why they don't get in trouble for it.  My guess would be because they're in a different country than the U.S., and they aren't pressing that many copies.  I'm sure way more people illegally downloaded the album compared to the people that bought the bootleg.

A company in Germany is pressing the bootlegs, I think I heard that the vinyl-digital site are actually the ones who pressed it.  Not exactly sure why they don't get in trouble for it.  My guess would be because they're in a different country than the U.S., and they aren't pressing that many copies.  I'm sure way more people illegally downloaded the album compared to the people that bought the bootleg.

I think def jam and other labels are leaving them alone because it lets them off the hook from producing vinyl records, last year many of their big albums from def jam from Nas, Ross, 2chainz all got vinyl releases. 2chainz new album is next week and not a vinyl pressing in site

This is the craziest thing you've ever said!

It's true, explain how def jam went from putting out vinyl for their big releases in 2012 to doing nothing in 2013. They don't want to spend the money and instead of dealing with fans bitching they'll let them buy bootlegs from a company in Europe

It's true, explain how def jam went from putting out vinyl for their big releases in 2012 to doing nothing in 2013. They don't want to spend the money and instead of dealing with fans bitching they'll let them buy bootlegs from a company in Europe

MBDTF was a timed release. they had tons of time to plan it and it still sounded like shit/came out late. everyone complained. the amount of money they made from it was a small percentage of total sales.

Yeezus was out almost days after it was finished. Vinyl would not have been ready in time. it's probably not worth the effort to do a separate vinyl release months later.

there could very well be a yeezus part 2 and a vinyl box coming out along with it. i imagine the cd release looking something like the original leaked art with a place for the yeezus 1 disc. it would make sense to wait.

also, don't say def jam always released big records on vinyl since 2012. graduation never came out. it's just not a priority for them.

going up against foreign bootleggers is tough. it's probably not worth their time or money, or they don't see it as a big enough threat.

to say def jam is fine with the bootlegs is insane.

MBDTF was a timed release. they had tons of time to plan it and it still sounded like shit/came out late. everyone complained. the amount of money they made from it was a small percentage of total sales.

Yeezus was out almost days after it was finished. Vinyl would not have been ready in time. it's probably not worth the effort to do a separate vinyl release months later.

there could very well be a yeezus part 2 and a vinyl box coming out along with it. i imagine the cd release looking something like the original leaked art with a place for the yeezus 1 disc. it would make sense to wait.

also, don't say def jam always released big records on vinyl since 2012. graduation never came out. it's just not a priority for them.

going up against foreign bootleggers is tough. it's probably not worth their time or money, or they don't see it as a big enough threat.

to say def jam is fine with the bootlegs is insane.

Def Jam knew the 2 chainz release many months prior, explain that not coming out when they released his last album which ended up going gold

you can't be so closed minded when saying "to say def jam is fine with the bootlegs is insane." No shit they care about bootlegs for their CDs and Mp3s, because that's their business, but the percentage of money lost by vinyl sales has to be close to nothing for them, that's why they don't care about vinyl bootlegs

i just think def jam really doesn't care that much about doing vinyl in the first place.

and i wouldn't be surprised if they have people looking into who is actually doing the bootlegging. it's not as simple as going after all the stores that sell them and tracing them back to the person making them. especially when you're dealing with plants overseas.

I think def jam and other labels are leaving them alone because it lets them off the hook from producing vinyl records, last year many of their big albums from def jam from Nas, Ross, 2chainz all got vinyl releases. 2chainz new album is next week and not a vinyl pressing in site

I been gettin vinyl where the fuck you been?