Breaking up box sets

Breaking up box sets  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find it acceptable to break up a box set?

Anyone here break up a box set or feel it's a taboo?

According to Discogs, its unacceptable behavior.

It feels like a violation against collectordom, but why should you have be stuck with a whole box when you just want a few pieces?

I've done it once and am questioning it with another. I would prefer to have the original records, but some are too difficult/expensive to find. But I surely only need one copy.

ive considered doing this with my bad religion box, but i just can't bring myself to.

This is what I'm thinking about. I would like black copies of everything, but A New America and Into The Unknown are rather costly. The set is going for $300+ now, but that's just $20 a record. You can get more money by selling them individually. I've already shipped this overseas twice, so I've put a lot of money into it already.

Translation: I've got nothing better to do on a Friday night

My wife is stuck overseas. What's your excuses?

Ha, I've got work at 4am, hard to do anything and be coherent that early. So what if your wife is overseas. Are you only capable of doing things when she's around?

Ha, I've got work at 4am, hard to do anything and be coherent that early. So what if your wife is overseas. Are you only capable of doing things when she's around?

If she were here now I wouldn't be on a message on Friday night! She's been stuck overseas since Dec, so in one month you can sigh a big sigh of relief because there will be a reduction in Moonbeams threads... unless I post in the daytime, suckers

I really have trouble discerning if Moonbeams is a sentient being or some sort of highly specific, highly advanced AI that ponders the logistical conundrums of being a consumer of vinyl records.

:D

The truth is, and this is something I'm proud of so no need to hide it, I'm high-functioning autistic. So I have this highly analytical brain, but not the best social skills, so hopefully that explains "moonbeams threads." Also, I doubt that I'm the only one here. I just like discussing these things.