Seinfeld vs. Friends // Opinions Wanted

Seinfeld vs. Friends  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the superior show?

• Seinfeld
    • Friends

Try turning that frown upside down and laughing a little. No one likes a bummer-clown.

I like Deafheaven. DOES THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY MOM!?!?!?

My brothers name is Derek, but I think that would make for a far less dramatic sequence...

I'm suspicious of anyone who doesn't like Boardwalk Empire.

I gave it an honest try, really!  I would just rather watch likeeee Super Jail or some Stooges. Or anything that has never considered a laugh track. (Though there are a select few 90's shows that seemingly didn't have a choice)

I feel that the argument of either show being superior can be related to each show's relatability. With Seinfeld it felt as though it was closer to some of the trivial and often-times ridiculous things in life and some of the conversations and situations surrounding that "nothingness" the show was rooted on.

Friends felt more detached and with people I couldn't relate to and didn't find amusing. To me it was far-fetched and unrealistic how these people lived their lives and all that went on. Even though both shows took place in NYC, Friends felt like the most unrealistic depiction of life there. And that's where I've always had a problem with really finding any enjoyment in watching it.

all of my non-white friends don’t understand seinfeld or find it funny at all. always thought that was interesting.

haha, i'm not white and i didn't really care for it.  my husband's white though and he really loved it.  if he has the time and it's on, he'll watch it and still enjoy it.  which brings me to this...

i am one of the friends voters. 

i mean they are both great but friends is the front runner by a small margin.

i also think the reason i chose it was because i watch it constantly.  i go to sleep watching it and i always watch the reruns on tv.

it seems like they always air the same goddamn seinfeld episodes on tv too.  it's like they rotate through 5 episodes or something.  annoys me.

ya!  of all the times it's on and my husband watches it, i've only seen like 3 episodes, over and over--

muffin top one

the one where elaine dances funny.  is this the same episode where they try to bootleg/tape a movie in the movie theatre?

wasn't there one about some lady's man hands?

they were ok...  what really gets in the way of me enjoying it though is what a couple other people have brought up--i just think jerry seinfeld is awful.  my thing earlier on in the relationship when my husband watched it or talked about it more was to mock seinfeld's voice.

i would prob pick friends since that show was more relatable to me though i haven't watched it in about 10 yrs now so i probably can't even tell you why now.  it's not just friends, i can't watch any shows and most movies more than once.

if i hadn't come upon this thread, i'd never compare the two as one being better than the other though.

i was never in to seinfeild growing up, i never understood the humor i guess.
but in high school there was a time i would come home, just play my game boy while my mom watched her friends series on dvd.
so it's kind've an emotionally attacthed show that i watched at a time where i understood and could relate to the humor