SUICIDE MACHINES - Destruction By Definition & Battle Hymns from Asbestos!

• 2 weeks later...

any new updates?

Update from Sept 26th.

"Slight delay from the plant on the records, but we are told we will have them in house within 2 weeks! We really hope you guys love these, as it took us literally 6 years of work to get these to happen. Both records will come with huge 11×22 inserts, Destruction with all the original cut & paste style artwork, and letters from members of the band, and Battle Hymns with the original Sheppard Fairey poster and lyrics. (much thanks to Todd Rogers at teaessare.com for all the hard work recreating the packaging for these LPs, and the accompanying bonus singles). There’s still some time to grab your copy, and get one of the rarer colors if you act quick! Thanks everyone for their support on this project and their patience"

so hopefully this means they start shipping this week?

Update from Sept 26th.

"Slight delay from the plant on the records, but we are told we will have them in house within 2 weeks! We really hope you guys love these, as it took us literally 6 years of work to get these to happen. Both records will come with huge 11×22 inserts, Destruction with all the original cut & paste style artwork, and letters from members of the band, and Battle Hymns with the original Sheppard Fairey poster and lyrics. (much thanks to Todd Rogers at teaessare.com for all the hard work recreating the packaging for these LPs, and the accompanying bonus singles). There’s still some time to grab your copy, and get one of the rarer colors if you act quick! Thanks everyone for their support on this project and their patience"

so hopefully this means they start shipping this week?

yeah... that was the last I heard too... from 3 weeks ago

I'm never one to bitch when records are late from a label or distro - I still remember buying vinyl in the pre-internet days - but it's still amusing to see which labels people will be endlessly forgiving to for lateness and lack of communication, and which ones will be castigated for the exact same things.

Guest user420

They'll ship when they ship and Flood will post if there's any news geez.

Is it abnormal that someone would want to know when their record will ship? geez, calm down man.

They'll ship when they ship and Flood will post if there's any news geez.

Good point, you have changed my mind, I no longer wish to know anything about any updates on the release of this album. I just hope you have shared your wisdom in all of the other Pre-order threads in this forum.

It took us 5 years to get the rights.. it takes a little while to press ;)

ok the bonus 7" have shipped and we will have them any day now.. the LP's are supposed to ship in the next day or so.. so god willing we will start assembling and shipping these bastards next week!

It took me 15 years to get an opportunity to own Destruction By Definition on vinyl, a couple weeks is really no bother at all! Thanks again for all your hard work and effort to FINALLY make this a reality! Very very grateful for everything you've done with putting together what I believe will be an outstanding release(s).

Guest user420

The last update was less than 2 weeks ago that said they should be in from the plant within a couple weeks.

He'll update when he gets them.

You guys basically want an update saying theres no update.

I think they're basically wanting to know why they haven't received their records yet. No offense dude, but it really isn't rocket science that if an album has a release date that is not met people are going to have questions about when to expect them. Even if the update is "still waiting for them." 

Pretty sure there was never a release date given for this pre-order.

In his update less than 2 weeks ago he said the plant said they would have the records within 2 weeks, if people kept up with this thread they would see that Flood still has to assemble the records w/ jackets, 7", posters etc. So even if he got the records on time from the plant (which almost never happens) he would still need probably a week to assemble and pack orders.

Personally i would have been surprised if these started shipping by the end of next week

Pretty sure there was never a release date given for this pre-order.

In his update less than 2 weeks ago he said the plant said they would have the records within 2 weeks, if people kept up with this thread they would see that Flood still has to assemble the records w/ jackets, 7", posters etc. So even if he got the records on time from the plant (which almost never happens) he would still need probably a week to assemble and pack orders.

Personally i would have been surprised if these started shipping by the end of next week

If you read the sale page it said (and still does) "This album is for pre-order - we expect it to ship in late august/early September"

also... on the Asbestos facebook on Sept. 19th (almost 3 weeks ago) they posted: "[The Suicide Machines] - Destruction by Definition, Battle Hymns, and the bonus 7"s... the plant is telling us we'll have them in hand within 2 weeks, and we'll begin shipping immediately!"

Now, I wasn't annoyed or impatient with Flood or Asbestos... I was simply asking if ANYONE had heard any NEW news. I happily paid for both and if I receive them on Dec. 25 of this year I would be just as happy if I received them on Sept. 1st. 

There is no need to play thread police and please if you try to play master of this thread have your quotes, dates, and facts correct next time.

"Alright, no need to fight

'cause everybody's different

and there's nothin' you can do about it

and just because I don't look like you or act like you

It doesn't make me any better or worse"

If you read the sale page it said (and still does) "This album is for pre-order - we expect it to ship in late august/early September"

also... on the Asbestos facebook on Sept. 19th (almost 3 weeks ago) they posted: "[The Suicide Machines] - Destruction by Definition, Battle Hymns, and the bonus 7"s... the plant is telling us we'll have them in hand within 2 weeks, and we'll begin shipping immediately!"

Now, I wasn't annoyed or impatient with Flood or Asbestos... I was simply asking if ANYONE had heard any NEW news. I happily paid for both and if I receive them on Dec. 25 of this year I would be just as happy if I received them on Sept. 1st. 

There is no need to play thread police and please if you try to play master of this thread have your quotes, dates, and facts correct next time.

"Alright, no need to fight

'cause everybody's different

and there's nothin' you can do about it

and just because I don't look like you or act like you

It doesn't make me any better or worse"

+1 just for the lyrics.

• 2 weeks later...

upate:

Battle Hymns is in, and assembled. The plates broke midway during Destruction... so we have the clear, and red copies in... any orders for those will begin shipping this week. I'm waiting to hear back from united on when we're getting the remainder of the copies.