eBay fraud WARNING

I'm in contact with this seller and he's saying that he uses a database of 20,000 images to make fast listings. I recently purchased from him and he gave me a tracking number. It doesn't work, but we agreed that his listings were not right and that I could get a refund anytime. So I'm giving him a week, knowing that I'm covered.

This makes me so crazy that I went from frustrated to amused. This guy is selling a super rare really expensive record and to get it listed "faster" he goes to a database of images rather than take a real photo???

This is like a choose your own adventure! Do you want to:

a) question why anyone would buy an expensive record without seeing an actual photo just for the sake of condition alone

or B) question what the hell kind of database only has 20,000 images, but somehow has a photoshopped misfits record as one of them.

or c) a database of images? You mean like Google on a CD? What does that even mean?

or d) why do I care?

or e) are b and c really different questions?

So, is he not a fraud after all? Just used bogus pictures?

Fuck, this is confusing!

I have no idea! All I know is he has the money that I raised from selling my records in the future.

He has a bunch of listings of rare stuff with fake photos. He claims that he uses a database for his photos. I don't believe him, but he has a lot of my money and there's nothing I can do for a week but wait.

So you just libeled someone online without full knowledge of the situation? Sweet.

Maybe I did! But I don't know.. waiting for the tracking number to come online!

The pics were obvious fakes, though, and he went 2 days with not responding to me after I paid, so I put up the warning.

Now I'm just waiting it out. 

Moonbeams did this once before, right? Or was it the other way around - he vouched for a fraud or something?

What gives, Moonie?

Yes, I did, I was duped because I try to believe that people don't steal.

what's his name, rick something, he stole $100 from me. But allegedly he stole a life from a girl and that seems worse.

This makes me so crazy that I went from frustrated to amused. This guy is selling a super rare really expensive record and to get it listed "faster" he goes to a database of images rather than take a real photo???

This is like a choose your own adventure! Do you want to:

a) question why anyone would buy an expensive record without seeing an actual photo just for the sake of condition alone

or B) question what the hell kind of database only has 20,000 images, but somehow has a photoshopped misfits record as one of them.

or c) a database of images? You mean like Google on a CD? What does that even mean?

or d) why do I care?

or e) are b and c really different questions?

Yes, I am amused as well, at my own expense.

I've been looking for a colored EAD to top of my Misfits collection. One morning this popped up with a good BIN price. I looked at it from my cell phone, so the pics were so small I couldn't tell they were fake. The description looked good and seller feedback was superb, so I jumped at it before anyone else could. I saved about $500-$800 if its real.

Then comes the fake Declines. Someone posted the pic of the fake PMRC and I was like, oh, oh, that's the guy I bought the EAD from. Then I, with the help of Captain, find the original images used to make the fake ones and the seller hasn't responded for 2 days. I believe its a fake, call eBay and make this thread to warn people.

Then the seller rights me today in a panic worried about his feedback. I send him the pics and explain that I think he's scamming me. He gives me the tracking number (which doesn't work yet) and asks if I want a refund.

Not wanting to hurt a potentially innocent man, I said, I'll wait for the record, if it doesn't show up, I'll get the refund through eBay.

And that's where we are now.

What I've learned from this is that I shouldn't be allowed to use the internet!

Yes, I did, I was duped because I try to believe that people don't steal.

what's his name, rick something, he stole $100 from me. But allegedly he stole a life from a girl and that seems worse.

I think the last name was Astley.

Why did you pay before he answered your questions?

I think if I was selling a really expensive record and the buyer contacted me with concerns about my fake photo. I would take about 10 pictures of me and the record hanging out, maybe going for some ice cream or to a movie. But something to let the person know it wasn't fake. "Oops sorry man, yeah I used a stock photo, but here's a real picture to set your mind at ease."

Classy, keep us posted on how this all works out. I really hope you can get your money back.

I don't see how those photos prove that the PMRC is fake. One is a blurry image one is clear. If they were both clear you could legitimately compare the circled sections but I don't see how you can compare them based on the quality difference in the photos.

There was 500 of them, all hand drawn with unique shit on them.

These 2 have the same drawing, with different number and a few lines that are different (someone obviously tried to reproduce it)...not something that is completely impossible that the band or friends of the band (that were helping with the drawing) couldn't do, but given the history of the seller with a bunch of obviously fake / photoshoped pictures, that is why the question was raised that this might also be a fake.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Fraud-phishing-and-spoof-Archive/NEW-Computer-Scam-Payday-Loan-Scam/td-p/89444

So I was given a tracking number that doesn't work.

I have found 2 other people who bought expensive records from this lady and haven't received them. One was given a refund. This lady was quick to offer me a refund, despite claiming to have sent it.

Everything points towards this loan scam.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Fraud-phishing-and-spoof-Archive/NEW-Computer-Scam-Payday-Loan-Scam/td-p/89444

So I was given a tracking number that doesn't work.

I have found 2 other people who bought expensive records from this lady and haven't received them. One was given a refund. This lady was quick to offer me a refund, despite claiming to have sent it.

Everything points towards this loan scam.

Take the refund and walk!

I would still recommend extreme caution with this seller.

She hasn't returned any of my messages in a week, she's received 4 negative feedbacks in the past 2 days. Strange that she was a great seller for years.

The tracking number I received says that the item is still in Mexico, 9 days from shipment.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=11zora&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=230988078502&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller