VC Cooperative Label Details,Buy in date announced

Guest admin1338560633

I severely doubt that we will press a record that:

a) has never been pressed so far, and

B) will sell out so quickly (and sell out from other distros so people can't actually buy the album anywhere) that a repress would be worth while.

I could be wrong, I just don't see it happening.

i'd wager you're wrong on those counts. theres tons of stuff that hasn't been released on vinyl that would easily blow thru the 700 or so copies that will be available for sale.

i think, just for example, if we had done this 6 months ago and pressed minus the bear "they make beer commercials like this" that would be a release that would easily sell out

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't all of minus the bear's stuff already on vinyl?

I think the only one that might not be is "...beer commercials..."

and "this is what i know about being gigantic".

I'd really like to see J. Robbins' latest albums come out on vinyl. Channels and Burning Airlines. A really good way to sell albums out is to make Incubus' SCIENCE. That's a favorite to a bunch of fans, and to my knowledge, it hasn't been pressed.

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. would be amazing!

People need to understand going into this that the majority of albums released on a major label will be very, very hard, if not downright impossible, to acquire the licensing rights to. People need to focus more on albums released on independent labels within the past 5-10 years maximum, preferably by bands that are still around and touring (releasing albums by broken-up bands, no matter how good they are, is a surefire way to stall out this project, at least at its inset).

Midtown vinyl would be a great choice. It would definitely sell out.

Though I'm not too sure who has the rights to the first 2 albums...Drive Thru or MCA/Geffen. I'd imagine it'd be easier for us if it were Drive Thru.

I kinda feel like Drive-Thru would've done it themselves if they had it. And for some reason I get the feeling that Gabe doesn't really care about the band anymore and wouldn't really go for the vinyl pressing.

Plus he comes off as a bit of a douchebag sometimes, so I'm afraid he might be.