VC Cooperative Label Details,Buy in date announced

Guest admin1338560633

I'm still curious where the money that is made after the initial $3000 goes? I've asked and have not been answered. Does it go into the label again?

I do understand that Virgil will get a percentage of it (well at least i hope he does for doing all the leg work). I'm curious to know how much?

Also:

I'm just curious because if this does roll out and everything goes smoothly, eventually the earnings will get into a bracket, that maybe shareholders can get shirts or something???? or if we get to a certain pressing, everyone gets free coozies or something.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its re-invested in to pressing more albums. Making money would mean the availability to press more than the initial investment would allow. Like it costs 3K per album so if the collective makes 3K in profit (6K total) each time it presses an album it then can press two for every one it pressed and you get a snowball affect. That's the gamble, that something like that will happen and your initial investment will turn in to 20 albums.

Its re-invested in to pressing more albums. Making money would mean the availability to press more than the initial investment would allow. Like it costs 3K per album so if the collective makes 3K in profit (6K total) each time it presses an album it then can press two for every one it pressed and you get a snowball affect. That's the gamble, that something like that will happen and your initial investment will turn in to 20 albums.

If things work well, this will be AWESOME.

This is great!

I would love to see these get pressed:

Appleseed Cast-two conversations

old canes-early morning hymns

volcano, I'm still excited!!

Mock orange-mind is not brain & captain love

moneen- theory & Are we really happy

Jealous sound-Kill them with kindness

Cadillac blindside-These liquid lungs

Park-No signal & It won't snow

ANYONE?

get excited, because two conversations is already in the works (not via VC).

I still don't understand why a date was already picked when he still has preorders from September/October that have yet to be fulfilled.

You can't make a plant press records any faster than they want to. It's called a queue, and those records are in it.

So preorders that were made after it, and fulfilled before these were put in the queue before these delayed ones is what youre saying?

I'm not impatient at all, and I haven't ordered any of the delays but I just think it looks bad and shaky to start something big like this when something much smaller isn't finished yet.

You can't make a plant press records any faster than they want to. It's called a queue, and those records are in it.

So preorders that were made after it, and fulfilled before these were put in the queue before these delayed ones is what youre saying?

I'm not impatient at all, and I haven't ordered any of the delays but I just think it looks bad and shaky to start something big like this when something much smaller isn't finished yet.

So what you're saying is Virgil shouldn't move forward until the pressing plant can catch up? I guess I understand what you mean but that's not how businesses work. You continue to move forward with new ideas and new plans. Virgil, I would imagine, has little or nothing to do with the delays in the releases you speak of.

WEll that's what i would like to know.. not to assume would happen. Is it mentioned anywhere. Maybe i just missed it. I have only read that after the initial 3000 is made we start the ball rolling on the other album. Nothing is said about where the rest goes. Again im assuming Virgil gets a percentage, but unless it's stated in writing (which i may have missed) that the rest of the money goes into another album, i have to ask the question. is it set aside for another record that may not sell so well, to make up for the lost earnings? I'm just naturally curious

You're most likely referring to the Kay Kay record, which was done in-house by Virgil since he put it out directly and wasn't dealing with a separate label/band/management in terms of getting artwork/layout designed/redesigned/approved, agreeing on licensing fees, picking out colors, etc. Obviously something that's on Suburban Home will come out much sooner after a pre-order, just because Virgil is the person who makes most of the decisions.

WEll that's what i would like to know.. not to assume would happen. Is it mentioned anywhere. Maybe i just missed it. I have only read that after the initial 3000 is made we start the ball rolling on the other album. Nothing is said about where the rest goes. Again im assuming Virgil gets a percentage, but unless it's stated in writing (which i may have missed) that the rest of the money goes into another album, i have to ask the question. is it set aside for another record that may not sell so well, to make up for the lost earnings? I'm just naturally curious

I do not believe Virgil is taking a cut outside of the copies he gets to sell. I also don't believe this would work in the way describe if the profit from the records wasn't re-invested.

So what you're saying is Virgil shouldn't move forward until the pressing plant can catch up? I guess I understand what you mean but that's not how businesses work. You continue to move forward with new ideas and new plans. Virgil, I would imagine, has little or nothing to do with the delays in the releases you speak of.

Well that's what I'm wondering, this is all the pressing plant's fault?

Maybe he should go with a different company that is more reliable.

Point is, what happens if/when the first VC Co-op release is out 6 months with no record to show for it. Does everyone say aw shucks the pressing plant messed up again since it happened before and just blindly follow this reasoning?

Point is, what happens if/when the first VC Co-op release is out 6 months with no record to show for it. Does everyone say aw shucks the pressing plant messed up again since it happened before and just blindly follow this reasoning?

i'm pretty sure virgil learned form this and probably isn't going to do super early preorders. he'll probably wait until a "definite" instead of an "estimate" on the ETA.

I guess what it comes down to for me is I'm as much investing in this idea as I am in the person who came up with the idea. I trust Virgil with my $60.

I guess what it comes down to for me is I'm as much investing in this idea as I am in the person who came up with the idea. I trust Virgil with my $60.

Are you getting contracts or something on paper that is valid to know what exactly is going on and where each dollar is going, from investments, profits, etc and not a messageboard post? I'm just curious to see what is going on and seeing how devout people are to him.

Are you getting contracts or something on paper that is valid to know what exactly is going on and where each dollar is going, from investments, profits, etc and not a messageboard post? I'm just curious to see what is going on and seeing how devout people are to him.

Oh christ dude, are you serious? Both on the every dollar thing and on the devout part? I'm not devout to anyone but myself. I've met Virgil, we've talked, hung out shared some drinks. He, from what I can tell, is a good dude. He's not some random guy in Colorado who puts out records who I bow before and pray to before bed.