PO: Washed Out/Paracosm

I can pleasantly listen to this album the entire way through

Agreed!

It's a feel good/escapism record for me. For some reason I can't stop thinking about the super optimistic days I had here in San Diego during the 90s listening to "It All Feels Right" It just makes me feel that 90s awesomeness where hip hop exploded. But I also take in the fact that this is indeed a 2013 sounding record. "Don't Give Up" reminds me of DJ Jazzy Jeff/Will Smiths, "Summertime" "Great Escape" is a pure feel good track that I always bob my head to in the car while driving up and down the i-5. My favorite is "All Over Now" it's so dreamy and hopeful full of mystery and perfect ending to Paracosm. 

Three listens in and the album still hasn't grabbed me.  I find it kind of forgettable and too much of it blurs together.  All three listens have been while I'm at work though, so maybe I haven't given it the focus I should either.  I can't say I dislike it, but I'm not 'wowed' by it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

again, i don't understand what kind of hang up people have around here that prevents them from just discussing the actual contents of an album.

you're a complete fucking douche in every thread it seems LOL you just can't help it

and others seems to have pointed that out quite well in this thread so I won't bother going into specifics

tumblr_mribq5TKgi1rj60ixo1_1280.jpg

Well here's that green we were mainly skeptical about. It's a bit more "jungle" green than "forest" or "lime" << Thank goodness!

That looks so damn good, especially with the acrylic platter

ok..  well..  I did a quick search for this and came up with nothing in this thread  (maybe it's in the urban one..) but

I went to Urban to grab a record for someone on the board and I saw a Paracosm with a limited CLEAR Urban Outfitters exclusive sticker on it..

did anyone else see these??

it says this exactly..

URBAN OUTFITTERS EXCLUSIVE

clear vinyl

includes MP3 download of entire album..

anyone?

ok..  well..  I did a quick search for this and came up with nothing in this thread  (maybe it's in the urban one..) but

I went to Urban to grab a record for someone on the board and I saw a Paracosm with a limited CLEAR Urban Outfitters exclusive sticker on it..

There is a clear version on discogs but i haven't seen any pressing info for it anywhere.

ok.. well.. I did a quick search for this and came up with nothing in this thread (maybe it's in the urban one..) but

did anyone else see these??

it says this exactly..

URBAN OUTFITTERS EXCLUSIVE

clear vinyl

includes MP3 download of entire album..

anyone?

It's not surprising there would be a UO exclusive variant

you're a complete fucking douche in every thread it seems LOL you just can't help it

and others seems to have pointed that out quite well in this thread so I won't bother going into specifics

That looks so damn good, especially with the acrylic platter

Thanks! Yes the good guys at NeedleDoctor gave me 50$ off for the platter and tt + free shipping. I've heard crazier stories! But I'm grateful to have gotten any discount especially since I simply asked if there was some sort of deal we could strike together. Well they have me as a customer for life now that's for sure. 

I'd recommend them. 

But yea man the acrylic aside from it's audio benefits/lightness it absorbs colored records so well! Just a nice little enhancement to add to the pleasure vibes.

• 2 years later...