PO: Dads - Brush Your Teeth, Again ;)

And it's only been about a year. People are used to waiting by now. You've finally got the records in hand, so why put forth any extra effort or find an extra guy or two to help out?

What gets me is it's no longer out of their hands. There's no more legitimate excuses.

that isn't an excuse by any means. if you're running a business and taking people's money you should have some kind of infrastructure in place with people who can actually do the job that needs to be done. especially if you know you have to be in a completely different place like Europe ahead of time.

I sent a message to Broken World via their webstore and got a response saying this:

"We're still working on it right now, there have been numerous delays at the pressing plant that are out of our control, but your order will be on its way as soon as possible!"

Soooo no new information there and nothing very reassuring. In fact kind of misleading since it's known that they have the records in hand now and have for over a week. So no need to mention the plant delays that are out of their control. They have the records, so everything is now totally in their control. Guess it's just gonna take a while to get them all out since they are low staffed. Could have just been up front and said that in their message to me...

I sent a message to Broken World via their webstore and got a response saying this:

"We're still working on it right now, there have been numerous delays at the pressing plant that are out of our control, but your order will be on its way as soon as possible!"

Soooo no new information there and nothing very reassuring. In fact kind of misleading since it's known that they have the records in hand now and have for over a week. So no need to mention the plant delays that are out of their control. They have the records, so everything is now totally in their control. Guess it's just gonna take a while to get them all out since they are low staffed. Could have just been up front and said that in their message to me...

I'd assume Dads won't be doing any other releases with these guys, so unless you like TWIAyaddayadda you'll probably never buy anything from them in the future. I agree these should be out the door by now, but honestly it's been so long they probably aren't worried about taking an extra week or two and it's not worth being upset over. At least now we know we'll eventually get them.

Wow! Am I the only peson who has received their copy? It arrived to me early last week. The funny thing about getting a copy is that I asked for a refund and was granted it a couple of months ago. I havent opened the mailer yet and dont even remember what variant I ordered but I have it. After gettung a shipping notification I quickly emailed Broken Media and told them they issued me a refund and didnt have to ship it to me. Anyway, I might just let it go fir the cost of shipping.

Wow! Am I the only peson who has received their copy? It arrived to me early last week. The funny thing about getting a copy is that I asked for a refund and was granted it a couple of months ago. I havent opened the mailer yet and dont even remember what variant I ordered but I have it. After gettung a shipping notification I quickly emailed Broken Media and told them they issued me a refund and didnt have to ship it to me. Anyway, I might just let it go fir the cost of shipping.

I'll take it

That looks like an auto-response for the keywords "Dads" and "Brush Your Teeth" to me. They probably just haven't changed it yet.

Anyways, I don't get why you guys are getting angrier now that stuff is actually in and shipping.

I'd assume Dads won't be doing any other releases with these guys, so unless you like TWIAyaddayadda you'll probably never buy anything from them in the future. I agree these should be out the door by now, but honestly it's been so long they probably aren't worried about taking an extra week or two and it's not worth being upset over. At least now we know we'll eventually get them.

I like Dads, but they're bottom tier compared to the other records BWM has put out.

I know at some point in 2013 it became trendy to hate dads, but why? Is it just their extremely annoying internet presence?

Apparently they're terrible people behind the scenes, but I won't judge anything til there's proof. I do know that their last EP wasn't pretty good and the Cardinal, Cardinal EP is the worst thing I've heard in a very long time. BYTA and Radass are fantastic though.

Annoying internet presence? Their twitter is hilarious.

I do know that their last EP wasn't pretty good and the Cardinal, Cardinal EP is the worst thing I've heard in a very long time. BYTA and Radass are fantastic though.

That EP got me into Dads. What's not "pretty good" about it? Honestly curious.

Annoying internet presence? Their twitter is hilarious.

That EP got me into Dads. What's not "pretty good" about it? Honestly curious.

The first song has THE WORST drumming I've heard on a track that has a spotlight on drums. The other three are ok, but they're not as good as the other stuff. Not to mention "Boat Rich" is such a stupid term they came up with.

The first song has THE WORST drumming I've heard on a track that has a spotlight on drums. The other three are ok, but they're not as good as the other stuff. Not to mention "Boat Rich" is such a stupid term they came up with.

Ma'am I must kindly disagree with you. My Crass Patch is one of the best songs they've ever put out. That entire EP is great. I also don't consider Cardinal Cardinal to be in the same realm as Dads. Not saying you're wrong for disliking it, it just seems like a lot of people expected it to be an acoustic Dads EP. It's a lot more dense than anything Dads has done and just as good in it's own way.

Ma'am I must kindly disagree with you. My Crass Patch is one of the best songs they've ever put out. That entire EP is great. I also don't consider Cardinal Cardinal to be in the same realm as Dads. Not saying you're wrong for disliking it, it just seems like a lot of people expected it to be an acoustic Dads EP. It's a lot more dense than anything Dads has done and just as good in it's own way.

Ma'am? :huh:

There isn't a single fill in My Crass Patch that keeps tempo, it ruins it for me. Musically Cardinal Cardinal is acceptable, it's the lyrics that made me hate it.

there were a few really good jams on radass (namely bakefast at piffany's) but overall the drums these guys throw in there that never jive with the tempo just irk me.  always feels like there's some fill in every other song that doesn't follow the time at all.

also, saw them live once. i couldn't watch the whole set. it really wasn't good. 

That's my name though :P

Pardon my ignorance. Hope I didn't offend you.

there were a few really good jams on radass (namely bakefast at piffany's) but overall the drums these guys throw in there that never jive with the tempo just irk me. always feels like there's some fill in every other song that doesn't follow the time at all.

also, saw them live once. i couldn't watch the whole set. it really wasn't good.

That's their jam. Their albums and live shows are completely different for obvious reasons, but to each their own. I personally find their mismatched timings cool.

I have to agree with Shitty Rambo. Except I'm not a Cardinal, Cardinal fan because I just don't really like it. As far as your drum fill complaint, I'll have to listen more closely to it later. Seems like Dads has a math rock vibe, so it makes sense for them to use awkward rhythms and fills.

I have to agree with Shitty Rambo. Except I'm not a Cardinal, Cardinal fan because I just don't really like it. As far as your drum fill complaint, I'll have to listen more closely to it later. Seems like Dads has a math rock vibe, so it makes sense for them to use awkward rhythms and fills.

Math rock is accurate in strange time signature execution not awkward. My Crass Patch isn't anything near math rock though.