PO: Dads - Brush Your Teeth, Again ;)

It was confirmed to me that there still is/was a delay at the plant, and also "our bassist wasn't the one who pressed it."

In case anyone was confused by how records were made; This whole time I thought all records were hand pressed by one band member in a garage. My life, turned upsidedown.

^seems like he's trying to phase out preorders now, most likely due to this release. The Saintseneca albums were ready to ship when they went up, and the vinyl was in for the Donovan Wolfington repress when those went up(only had to wait on the new jackets). The E!E! 7" shipped fairly quickly after those went up too.

This dude needs to either shut the label down or quit his band. I know this record is supposedly in the pressing plants hands, but this guy doesn't seem equipped to wear this many hats.

I don't think he needs to do all that. Simply addressing his customers outside of tumblr and Facebook would be a step-up. I can even deal with the condescending comments about how records are made in that case.

This is like the only record they've had issues with, you're going overboard haha

Very true.  It just seems like anyone who has ever had issues with the label side of things can never get a response, and it's chalked up to 'He's on tour for the next two months, so he won't be available'.  

If I were in his shoes, I would try to bring someone else on board to take care of the customer service/public relations aspect of the label.  He very well may have, for all I know.  I don't follow him or his label very closely.  I don't even know why I feel I have enough information on this subject to voice an opinion.  Oh yeah, that's right...This is America

qOzHMLi.gif

Why doesn't everyone just listen to their Dank Not Stank 7" to hold them over? Same songs for the met part!

If only we were all so lucky! I asked Dan about these and essentially he got super into Chopped and Screwed Hip hop and wanted to apply it to Dads, but it sounded better sped up opposed to slowed down and they decided to release the mix as a joke.

Unfortunately, buttholes like us actually want to own it, and the only offer I've ever gotten was upward of $40 from some rando on the boards. So I'll never get one (or this release, so it seems).

Guest deleted

They have people, I think they just ignore questions about this release

Remember the drop? Nobody was certain which night they meant for sure. Even realizing and knowing the confusion, rather than clarify, they posted coy pictures of toothbrush/toothpaste that frustrated, angered, and inconvenienced people waiting for it.

Now that they've had all of our money for close to a year we get mostly silence. How is someone literally unable to get any accurate or specific info from a pressing plant other than (after months), "it's next, we can't imagine it taking any longer" and then have it take longer still? Just seems like really ineffective 'communication', which is never good.

Whatever, we'll live, but shitty way to do business.

If only we were all so lucky! I asked Dan about these and essentially he got super into Chopped and Screwed Hip hop and wanted to apply it to Dads, but it sounded better sped up opposed to slowed down and they decided to release the mix as a joke.

Unfortunately, buttholes like us actually want to own it, and the only offer I've ever gotten was upward of $40 from some rando on the boards. So I'll never get one (or this release, so it seems).

Just open it up in Audacity and increase the speed by 100% so you can save the money and bullshit that comes with actually listening to lathe cuts.

• 2 weeks later...