YCCC - YoCaseyCasey's CRAZY (A 60 Day Juice Fast)

I think the first week is the worst in terms of getting settled into it. After that, it's smooth sailing. A ton of folks don't dig on juice fasting/cleansing because they insist it's an easy weight loss tactic verging on starvation. Even now, for me, at least, it isn't always easy. That said, I never feel malnourished and this experience has taught me that the body really doesn't need near as much as we think it does to sustain itself. After day 60, I'm going to transition for a week or so back into solids before taking on a 30 day paleo challenge combined with continual juicing and raw foods. Should be good!

I think the first week is the worst in terms of getting settled into it. After that, it's smooth sailing. A ton of folks don't dig on juice fasting/cleansing because they insist it's an easy weight loss tactic verging on starvation. Even now, for me, at least, it isn't always easy. That said, I never feel malnourished and this experience has taught me that the body really doesn't need near as much as we think it does to sustain itself. After day 60, I'm going to transition for a week or so back into solids before taking on a 30 day paleo challenge combined with continual juicing and raw foods. Should be good!

Agreed on all counts.

So yesterday at work, my boss straight up said I looked great and could really notice the weight loss. Stuff like that out of the blue is really encouraging.

Still going good on my nutribullet shakes and heathy choices for lunch/dinner. My brother's wedding is next Friday and I'll have a chance to weigh in again since the first of this month. But dang does it just feel good to have 30lbs off my legs every day.

My only real goals have been since turning 24 in march that by my 25th I wanted to be back in medium shirts and 32/34 waist jeans like I was in high school. I've already dropped a pants size and my large shirts are all fitting way looser. The lbs don't matter as much as those goals to me.

You dudes are killing me. Ha ha. I've been checking in on you. 

I'm down 26 pounds over 11 months - not 25 days like you. I had a combined goal of Fitness and Weight Loss so I couldn't have managed the amount of training I'm doing on your diets but at just about a half pound a week I've been in a slow grind comparatively.

Congrats on taking it off Kriss & Co. Keep it up. As Zac mentioned - nothing better than an unsolicited observation after all the work you've put in. 

Also, since you're past half way it's all essentially downhill from here! Way more encouraging!

Unfortunately it works the other way. The smaller you get, the bigger percentage of your bodyweight 30 pounds is, and the harder you have to work to produce the same weight loss (or you can keep activity/diet constant and the weight loss continues but slows down).

Just think it's better to realize the effect and prepare than be optimistic and disappointed. Even 10-15 pounds is a DAMN good month, but hopefully more.

Honestly, if I can drop even another 20 pounds over the next 30 days, I'll be happy. That would put me at 207, which I'm fairly sure I haven't been at since sophomore year of high school (yeah, I was a chubber even then).

Once I get done with this at the end of August, I plan on continuing to juice twice daily while weaning back onto solids where I mix raw, gluten free, and paleo aspects together. I'll occasionally eat a white flour based pizza but 90%+ of the time, I'll be eating grains like quinoa, which I love already, anyway. With that - which I'd ideally like to stick with forever and not let it be just a 'diet' - I'm hoping to continue a 1-2 pound drop per week that way I'll be down 16-32 more pounds by the end of December and be able to start 2014 weighing in somewhere between 170 (the 'ideal' weight for my height and build) and 190.

• 2 months later...

So I'm bringing this back up top - has anyone been integrating juicing into their lives to where they're still doing it now a few months later? I'm down to the 200 pound mark, which is pretty exciting for me - not only am I 60 pounds lighter than I was three months ago, but I'm also, by the BMI chart, no longer considered obese. I still have another 30 pounds to go before I hit the ideal weight for my height, and I'm currently slogging through a 30 day juicer to get to that point - but I'm thrilled with the progress. Anyone who hasn't done this yet should atleast give it a shot - if not for the weight loss, for the more clear state of mind and energy juicing brings. There have been times over the last month where we've ordered stuff like pizza or dinners with french fries and I love eating it, but always feel sluggish to the point of being stoned after I'm done. hahah

So I'm bringing this back up top - has anyone been integrating juicing into their lives to where they're still doing it now a few months later? I'm down to the 200 pound mark, which is pretty exciting for me - not only am I 60 pounds lighter than I was three months ago, but I'm also, by the BMI chart, no longer considered obese. I still have another 30 pounds to go before I hit the ideal weight for my height, and I'm currently slogging through a 30 day juicer to get to that point - but I'm thrilled with the progress. Anyone who hasn't done this yet should atleast give it a shot - if not for the weight loss, for the more clear state of mind and energy juicing brings. There have been times over the last month where we've ordered stuff like pizza or dinners with french fries and I love eating it, but always feel sluggish to the point of being stoned after I'm done. hahah

60 lbs in three months? Holy fuck! Nice work!!!