PO: Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt (Oct 15)

Got my replacement copy today, it is the exact same pressing as the first. I was lucky that my first copy was okay, because this one is trash. I was hoping to hear an even better pressing than the one I had. Oh well, I will smash this defective copy with a hammer so it doesn't create more disappointment in the world.

How is yours trash?

My replacement copy was a great improvement over the 10c copy. Not glue in the hooves and no pops or skips. Also the record was much cleaner (but that's wasn't a big deal to begin with).

The first song, first 5 seconds starts skipping. I haven't even listened to the rest. With this first pressing it is all a crapshoot. My replacement copy looks better than my first okay copy, but it isn't. There are going to be so many shit copies out there in used bins and ebay and people won't know until they spin it. That's why I'm going to destroy this bad copy.

Question for any 10c members.

Is it worth joining?  I am a huge PJ fan and basically worship the ground they walk on, but $40 seems expensive for what you get.  I think the best part would be posting on the PJ forums.  Ive only been able to send messages so it sucks.  But $40 to post for a year isnt worth it.  I know 10c gets first dibs on tixs, but I dont see them touring again within the next 12 months.  Not to mention I just saw them 5 times and had Floor seats still 3 times thanks to 10c members with extras or luck.

Does anyone know the discount at the merch store for 10c members?  Do they have like crazy black friday deals for 10c?

no discount at merch store. You get to buy cool vinyl releases and extras. i joined in 2006 when it was just 25 bucks for the year now its 40. i worship them as well. The new lottery system for 10c tickets sucks though. IMO

Brooklyn shows were great.  Especially night 2!  I did both Philly shows and Conn

They do anything for like black friday?  I wish I had some of the 10c vinyl.  Any extra lol?

Every once in a while they throw some special vinyl up in the store for 10C members only, but it's not super common.  The white Backspacer and a random rare 7" sale a couple years ago are the big ones I can think of.  There's always the Christmas single too, I suppose.

pearl jam has been my favorite band since the moment i was the airing of MTV unplugged in 1992. they are the reason that i am a music fan. i've been a 10c member for about 13 years now. out of those 13 years i've gotten tickets to see them twice. not because they weren't available, but because they haven't come anywhere near me in 10 years. i really enjoy the holiday singles we get each year and the opportunity to purchase limited 10c merch/vinyl. i don't ever remember a 10c black friday sale, but that's not to say they haven't had them and i may have forgotten.

i don't mind paying $40/year to be a member just because you never really know when you'll get that opportunity to get something really cool that's limited to 10c, you always get the holiday single, and 10c members always get first crack at tickets when they tour (if they come to your region). i'll also agree that the lottery system for this current tour sucked, but at least i managed to get 10c tix for the dallas show. i just hope i'm not on the floor!

They're supposedly touring Europe in June of next year. It's possible they do a handful of US shows before that in say, May, but I never hold my breath with these guys. Got to go to Wrigley, Pitt and Buffalo this year, pretty happy about that. Wish I could have done more, but that's just what this band does to you.

I still can't quote anyone (IDKWTF) but njpunkmusic, if you join do the $20 membership and buy the single off of the website for $10 when they release the extras.  The extra stuff in the membership kit other than the single is too gimmicky for my taste.  They have been sending the single with a printed news letter and the membership kit has been either stickers or patches or a lame shirt.  BUT it is worth it for the members only merch they occasionally post. 

Yup, that's EXACTLY what I said. Derp.

I have no doubt that some copies have issues. But with how many people in here complain about skipping in various releases, it's an honest question.

I have two copies, one that skips and one that doesn't. It doesn't have anything to do with turntable settings. There are bad copies out there and it sucks that people have to eat it or try to get another copy. I doubt adjusting their anti-skate it going to remedy it.

I have two copies, one that skips and one that doesn't. It doesn't have anything to do with turntable settings. There are bad copies out there and it sucks that people have to eat it or try to get another copy. I doubt adjusting their anti-skate it going to remedy it.

i also have two copies, one that skips and one that doesn't. there's no doubt there were SERIOUS quality control issues on this release.

that said, the guy may have a point to some extent. i'm always kinda shocked when i see some people complain about certain pressings of records skipping like hell and then you dig through post history or they post a picture and they have crappy tables. i guess after all this time reading posts on various forums something like that shouldn't surprise me anymore, but it does  :unsure: