PO: Vista Chino - Peace (formerly Kyuss Lives)

Our new album "PEACE" is now available for preorder in our online store & the first 300 package orders will receive some kick ass giveaways!

First 50 - Free Vista Chino Koozie
First 200 - Free set of (3) Vista Chino Guitar Picks
First 300 - Free set of (2) Vista Chino 1" Buttons 

Giveaways are only available with package orders!! 

All packages have the choice of 2-LP gatefold vinyl (black, red or green) or cd (standard or limited digipak)....check out the store now!!

http://www.shopbenchmark.com/vistachino/

I'll be waiting for these wholesale or just ordering one from a local shop. Don't need a bunch of extra crap and the shipping is priority mail only.

Guest realtalk

bortx posted more variants in a different thread:

EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE VIA THE NAPALM RECORDS MAILORDER AND ONLINE STORE

KYUSS, the band that originated the Stoner/Desert Rock genre and spawned the likes of Queens of the Stone Age, Mondo Generator, Unida, Slo Burn and Brant Bjork & Operators has birthed another project from founding members Brant Bjork and John Garcia... say hello to VISTA CHINO.

At a time when interest in the genre is approaching an all-time high, VISTA CHINO makes a statement and a mark on the collective rock consciousness with their debut album, "Peace".

As creative and skilled as ever, VISTA CHINO trumps any competition from the latest bands on the scene! With years of innovation and musical exploration that have evolved to the current but intimately connected sounds of their past John Garcia says:

Kyuss Lives! is now VISTA CHINO….

"It feels great just to write that... and to say it out loud, feels even better" said Garcia upon signing with Napalm.

With every note, "Peace" demonstrates the positive energy and songwriting skills that continues the musical legacy. With distinctive tuned down guitars, bass heavy sound and perfectly placed psychedelic parts that will leave every fan of the genre blissfully happy.

13 minuter operas like, "Acid" and "The Gambling Moose" play as much a part in this Phoenix like rebirth and as the catchy and easily accessible "Dargona Dragona".

Options:

- Strictly Limited Desert Edition to 200 Copies Only incl. Gatefold 2-LP in BONE-COLOURED Vinyl incl. 2 Bonus Tracks,

Exclusive Vista Chino Slipmat and Trucker Hat.

- Strictly Limited Napalm Records Mailorder Edition to 200 Gatefold Copies in GOLDEN Vinyl incl. 2 Bonus Tracks.

- Strictly Limited Edition to 500 Gatefold Copies in ORANGE Vinyl incl. 2 Bonus Tracks

http://shop.napalmrecords.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=vista+chino

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just getting into this. I listened to "Dragona Dragona" first and was not impressed simply by the messy sound of the performance. Listened to "Dark and Lovely" and was blown away. Warming up to the former track now. Trying to hear this whole thing on grooveshark first but I'm thinking I'm going to be picking this one up on black vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...

Scored this from amazon marketplace and have listened to it twice today. Loving it more and more. Had a bit of buyer's remorse initially after purchasing but that has completely dissipated now and I am full throttle for this album. I wish more people were on board with this. 

I haven't had enough time with it to really decide if there is a superior disc but I can totally understand why you'd say that. Honestly, "Dragona Dragona" has completely grown on me. I was unimpressed at first but I think that may have mostly been because it was the first track I heard and I was mostly taken aback by the production style and the rhythm sounded a little sloppy but I've come to see through all that by now. I can see myself really wearing the shit out of this album.

• 2 months later...

And true to form, two months later, I've been playing the shit out of a CD copy I got from work in my car for about three weeks straight and just felt the need to pull out my LP and spin it tonight. This might be AOTY for 2013 for me. An absolutely stellar piece of work. I'm extremely excited to hear a follow up which is supposedly not far off. How are more people on here not raving about this?