HELP: Traded with someone and now they're gone..

I really didn't know where to post this..

but maybe someone can help me?

I have only been on the boards for a few months and I have been looking for a few different

records.

anyway one of them was this pretty hard to get Swedish band called TIger Lou.

anyway, I posted a WTB / WTT for it and didn't get any responses and then

I bumped it a few weeks ago and someone named beardxcore contacted me about a trade.

he said he had it and was willing to trade for it but knew it was of high value, which is true, it usually goes for between 80 - 150 online..

anyway, I let him pick a choose a few items from my collection and we decided to do a trade (2 Owen's and 1 Quicksand)..

so about 2.5/ 3 weeks ago, I sent out his three records.  on June 25, he said he would ship it out the next day or the one after..

anyway, I went away to florida for a week and when I came back the record still hadn't come.

so I went to write him asking if he had sent it out..

and he's no longer a member.

was I robbed?  does anyone know him?

he had three positive feedback..

his name is Blake Johnson.

can anyone help??

thanks.

K

hes scammed a bunch of people. read the last few pages of this topic 

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/8115-terrible-tradersbuyerssellers/

if you go a couple pages back you can find his phone number. youre not gonna get your records. hes also been IP banned, so thats why hes no longer a member. 

Sorry to hear about this happening. Looks like going through the linked thread about scammers that you can contact his dad to find a way to get your stuff back. Or even it looks like a member knows where he lives and got his records back in person, so you can find that out too.

I have only traded/sold/purchased with people who seem to have a longstanding and favorable relationship with the board, and I have not had a bad experience yet.

take all his money for all the scamming hes done

B)

FUCK FUCK.

thanks guys.

I really appreciate it.

what I guess he doesn't understand is that I am not some 16 year old kid 

with extra money lying around.

I just sent him an email regarding my fucking lawyer.

this is ridiculous.

ugh.  the internet.

FUCK FUCK.

thanks guys.

I really appreciate it.

what I guess he doesn't understand is that I am not some 16 year old kid 

with extra money lying around.

I just sent him an email regarding my fucking lawyer.

this is ridiculous.

ugh.  the internet.

There's a major scammer in (will Taylor or something is the name. Lives in Florida) who tried to rip off vinyljunkie (who I don't think posts anymore) and he started the process of taking him to court. Dude sent the box set he stole back.

Threatening a lawyer won't do anything. I'm sure people bluff it all the time. You might have some luck if you actually call the local police and start something.

I looked up those old logs  and saw someone posted information

on houseofleaves dude..

is that the same kid?

does anyone know?

There's a major scammer in (will Taylor or something is the name. Lives in Florida) who tried to rip off vinyljunkie (who I don't think posts anymore) and he started the process of taking him to court. Dude sent the box set he stole back.

Threatening a lawyer won't do anything. I'm sure people bluff it all the time. You might have some luck if you actually call the local police and start something.

you should def actually take him to court. theres enough evidence on this forum alone, let alone private conversations to get this kid in enough trouble to scare him enough to stop.

sadly, the situation that thevinylguy is talking about with the dude from florida, it wasnt enough to stop him. then again that dude is sick in the fucking head, and im starting to think this blake kid has a couple screws loose as well. he had an account here before and actually regularly posted for a bit, then ripped a couple people and disappeared. then beardxcore showed up, with intentions of building some positive feedback and then ripping people off. so blake def came back for a specific reason.

all i know is its hard for me to trust new members here now with an X in the middle of their username.

heres the guy from florida thats sick in the head, which is a good one to keep up with since hes making new accounts daily. the topic alone is 35 fucking pages long...

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/53857-re-musicinveins11-rip-off-artist/

So since you sent him records, you have his actual address right? Isn't there at least one person on here that lives close to him that can start fucking with him or something? I'd be putting bags of dogshit inside his mailbox and keying cars outside his house. No remorse. Kid needs to learn a real life lesson instead of emailing people as his parents pretending to clean up after himself and having empty threats of being taken to court thrown at him.

Fuck this asshole.

So since you sent him records, you have his actual address right? Isn't there at least one person on here that lives close to him that can start fucking with him or something? I'd be putting bags of dogshit inside his mailbox and keying cars outside his house. No remorse. Kid needs to learn a real life lesson instead of emailing people as his parents pretending to clean up after himself and having empty threats of being taken to court thrown at him.

Fuck this asshole.

We don't advocate that type of behavior here, but we can't maintain what is discussed in private ;)

I saw Toki mention that this user was banned, what screen name was he using when this crap went down??

Yeah I got skeptical when both people who vouch for his validity have X's in their name and are relatively new users with a low post count. We all know an IP ban is easy as fux to get around. Aside from the fact that the story of him going and getting the records (which I think was some expensive ass box set) in person and having the parents admit to some random stranger that their son "has a problem" was extremely unlikely and actually kind of ludicrous.

Eh, whatever. I guess the important thing is everyone here learns a lesson and is just more aware of these things happening.

Fuck this asshole.

He's got the same area code as me  ;)