PO: Sebadoh - Defend Yourself

• 3 weeks later...

From https://www.facebook.com/events/204967832997578/

Leading up to the September 17th release of "Defend Yourself", Sebadoh has hand-picked 11 of their favorite record stores to host an exclusive "Test Pressing Listening Party". Taking place this Saturday, August 17th, Sebadoh fans throughout the country will be the first to hear "Defend Yourself" via their local independent record store. Participating stores include:

-- Origami Vinyl, Los Angeles, CA (featuring Lou Barlow in-store)
-- Permanent Records, Brooklyn, NY 
-- Reckless Records, Chicago, IL 
-- Sonic Boom Records, Seattle, WA
-- Music Millenium, Portland, OR
-- Vintage Vinyl, St. Louis, MO
-- Waterloo Records, Austin, TX
-- Luna Music, Indianapolis, IN
-- Culture Clash, Toledo, OH
-- Park Avenue, Orlando, FL
-- Landlocked, Bloomington, IN

Record stores will each be equipped with a Vinyl Test Pressing of "Defend Yourself" to play publicly on August 17th. After the listening party, each Test Pressing will be awarded to one fan in attendance. Test Pressings are signed by each member of the band, and hand-numbered out of just 40 copies.

Each listening party is free and open to the public.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got an update from Joyful Noise.

"Greetings Sebadoh fan,

Thanks for purchasing "Defend Yourself" on limited edition tri-colored vinyl! As you probably know, this edition includes a bonus 7". We had intended for this 7" to be pressed on red vinyl, but unfortunately there was a manufacturing error and the 7"s were pressed on black vinyl. That's the bad news.

HOWEVER, we thought that our VIPs deserve some special-red-vinyl-bonus-7"s in their lives, so we decided to bite the bullet and get these 7"s re-pressed on red vinyl (we did not do the same with the other limited version of the album -- making these red 7"s limited to 500 and exclusive to you lucky purchaser or the tri-colored vinyl). That's the good news!

HOWEVER AGAIN, the red 7"s have not yet arrived, and therefore your order has been delayed. We were hopeful that they would be here with plenty of time as to not cause a delay, but alas shit happens. We got word that the 7"s are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. As soon as they arrive we will package them and ship off your amazing tri-colored vinyl just as fast as our bodies will physically allow. We expect to have all orders shipped by the end of the week. But until then your order is delayed. That's the bad news again.

We apologize for the delay. To make up for any bummer this may cause, we are including some special free Sebadoh swag & a free surprise piece of music with your order. So that kind of makes up for it, right?

Thank you so much for understanding, and please let us know if you have any questions. You can email us at this email address, or you can call us at 1-317-632-3220.

<3 Team JNR

Joyful Noise Recordings"

I don't have a tracking number for my Sebadoh package but I've got one for my Son Lux package that shipped about the same time (Sept. 27) and it's only made it's way from Indianapolis to Des Moines. If it keeps moving at this rate I should have it by next month. Hopefully my Sebadoh record is here sooner.