PO: Pixies - "Trompe Le Monde" MOFI

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Although I'm sure I'm in the minority, this is my fave Pixies album and I've never been too fond of the overall sonics on this one. I have the original CD and the new-ish 4AD vinyl. I ordered the MOFI a few months ago but only just this past week-end found the time to open it up - boy does it sound great!! Listened to it nice and cranked and it really delivers, buckets of dynamics, whisper quiet perfectly centred and flat pressing, nicely balanced from the lows to the highs.

I'm 28 and I'm JUST getting into this band. I knew of them, but never really checked them out. I bought a rhino comp with 'Monkey Goes To Heaven' on it which blew me away. I bought 'Dolittle' from 4AD the other day with the new Ariel Pink, can't wait to listen!

Doolittle is one of my favorite albums ever released.  In fact, Pixies hold two spots in my top ten with this and Surfer Rosa.  Outside of Neil Young & Crazy Horse, these guys are my favorite group.  I'm never not in the mood to listen to any given album by them.  

I replaced all my 4AD reissues with the MoFi counterparts.  I'm very glad I did.  These sound much improved, not that the 4AD pressings sounded bad.  Worth the price, especially if you can get a discount at ccmusic.com or elusive disc or someone.

Thanks for the heads up on CCM...I had ordered all these from music direct a while ago (with another record) and gotten them all but Surfer Rosa. SR is still on backorder with Music Direct, so I was able to get it, the other record I ordered plus two additional one all for the same price from CCM!

a lot of people seem to prefer the uk og's over the mofis.. i find the mofis kinda strip any "punk" or rawness from the mixes.. much like my mofi nevermind.. sound great but are missing a bit of what makes them what they are..

that all being said, I am an old man and my noisey punk rock days are long gone.. so I dig them for their clean/balanced and easy-listening mixes.