Up Now - DOOMRIDERS "Grand Blood", in stores October 15th!

Looks like I just snagged a River of Blood before they were gone. Also finally picked up the new Chelsea Wolfe record on clear. I'm listening to the Pitchfork stream now and it sounds awesome. Glad we get the digital download too. But this is a pre-order, right? I thought I read somewhere that the Doomriders vinyl was in hand? Anyway, wanna thank you guys at DW for fixing up the site so I could actually order! Appreciate it.

One thing that is distinct about this album is how every song has its own unique personality. There is no one song that represents the whole. You really need to listen to the record as a whole and listen multiple times. It's a true grower that has become my preferred DR album to date.

Thanks for checking out the album people.

http://pitchfork.com/advance/235-grand-blood/

-J.

One thing that is distinct about this album is how every song has its own unique personality. There is no one song that represents the whole. You really need to listen to the record as a whole and listen multiple times. It's a true grower that has become my preferred DR album to date.

Thanks for checking out the album people.

http://pitchfork.com/advance/235-grand-blood/

-J.

Definitely a steady grower. I can feel that already on my 3rd listen, might become my favorite DR record as well.

Somehow I feel this record is a bit Old Man Gloom meets Doomriders, hard to explain, but it's freaking awesome though! 

that would kinda make sense as Nate is in both and writes for both

Yea, I'm aware of that :) But I haven't felt that way with the other Doomriders records. I guess it might be because Grand Blood has a bit more diversed soundscape than the previous records...btw, Gone to Hell, love the harmonies on that one! Never expected to hear such a track on a DR record

Thanks for listening.

As for the sound, speaking with the band, they told me they wanted to incorporate some more Noise Rock influences into their sound, and it's apparent. Adds new dimensions to DR for sure.

For sure. I wasn't a massive fan of these dudes before but after listening to this jam I'm sold.

I'm not one to typically download albums before I get the vinyl but I'm moving and had to pack up pretty much all my records so I bit the bullet.  Holy shit, this album is killer.  Can't wait to see them on tour with High on Fire and Kvelertak.  Might as well go ahead and schedule a chiropractor appointment for the day after.

I'm not one to typically download albums before I get the vinyl but I'm moving and had to pack up pretty much all my records so I bit the bullet.  Holy shit, this album is killer.  Can't wait to see them on tour with High on Fire and Kvelertak.  Might as well go ahead and schedule a chiropractor appointment for the day after.

I'm the same way.  Unless it's a really long wait between download and the album reaching my hands, I usually wait.  I think All We Love was the last release I couldn't wait on.  Really looking forward to getting this and playing the hell out of it.  What a ridiculously good year for Deathwish releases.

Also check out the split they did with Boris. Those two song totally kick ass.

I always forget about the Boris split, I really need to get a copy of that.  I love both bands.  The Coliseum split is fun too.

Also, if anyone has a copy of Live at The Middle East they want to get rid of, let me know.