PO: Russian Circles - Memorial (Media Mail back on Hello $5.50)

Holding out on jamming this. One play of Deficit and the title track was enough to sell me, honestly, and I think I'd like to keep the rest of the album as much if a surprise as I can. I predict this will see a quality leak in a week or two at most.

My thoughts exactly, getting pretty strict about singles and wearing them out these days. Ruins the flow of the record.

Holding out on jamming this. One play of Deficit and the title track was enough to sell me, honestly, and I think I'd like to keep the rest of the album as much if a surprise as I can. I predict this will see a quality leak in a week or two at most.

I thought pretty much the exact same thing when the track was posted.  I'll listen to the first single off of anything I'm excited for, but after that I try and refrain from other singles or album streams.  Being mostly unfamiliar with the content of an album when it hits the turntable keeps things exciting for me.

You guys get it, and that makes me happy. I'm weird with hearing new releases, and my practices stem from experience. I've definitely burnt myself out on singles in the past... and unless it's the first track on the album, it sticks out like a sore thumb, and kind of disrupts the album's flow for me.

Deficet and Memorial treated me well on the first listens. I'd consider checking out 1777 if the album featured more tracks -- at this point there's a good 30% of the album ready to stream, with the release date three weeks out.

I'm with the people who want to wait. I have the exact same philosophy of not wanting to unevenly wear out the album since I generally listen to albums as a whole and not just single tracks here and there. Once in a while I pick out tracks to play on the computer but overall, I like to experience albums as a whole piece. Russian Circles LP's definitely lend themselves to that type of experience.

I listened to some of the beginning of this track but I'm done. I listened to "Deficit" a few times when it was released for streaming and I haven't touched "Memorial." I never listen to the first or last track of an anticipated album if I can help it. I like to be surprised by both the beginning and the end. Singles in the middle are fair game prior to release but I try to keep away as much as possible so I don't destroy the flow later.

I'm pretty sure the LP's are going to start shipping by about the 14th as they've stated that they will start sending them two weeks prior to release so we could start seeing our copies in about two weeks now. Stoked for that.

Yeah, just got shipping confirmation for my steel grey.

Haven't lisnened any of the tracks yet. Can't wait to get the vinyl!

You guys get it, and that makes me happy. I'm weird with hearing new releases, and my practices stem from experience. I've definitely burnt myself out on singles in the past... and unless it's the first track on the album, it sticks out like a sore thumb, and kind of disrupts the album's flow for me.

I too have gone through that all familiar struggle. 

I too have gone through that all familiar struggle. 

Right -- is it not one of the worst things ever?  (As far as being able to enjoy music?)

This leaked a few hours ago and I'm having a hell of a time deciding how I want to handle it.  Still zero confirmation of shipping from Hello Merch, even though I really would like to wait for a physical copy to play for the first listen.  Decisions, decisions.

This leaked a few hours ago and I'm having a hell of a time deciding how I want to handle it.  Still zero confirmation of shipping from Hello Merch, even though I really would like to wait for a physical copy to play for the first listen.  Decisions, decisions.

I'm going to hold off for now (although I did download the leak).  My copy of the new Pelican should be here in a few days, that should tide me over on Chicago post-rock/metal for until this shows up.