PO: Russian Circles - Memorial (Media Mail back on Hello $5.50)

This really surprises me considering your affinity for black vinyl.

General rule of thumb: if McPherson's collecting variants for a band, you should know they're worth your time.

Yeah, I guess you could say that. Its actually very recently that I've decided to keep my collection simple and avoid getting variants which is strictly for a financial purpose but either way, TAAS = Gold. All the way through.

Went to the post office to get my package. I chuckled at the Hello Merch mailer. Its "frustration free so it really doesn't need extra cardboard. As for the Steel Gray I got its 154 grams. Listening to it now and liking it so far. Need another dark album in my life.

Where's the lyric sheets?  :P

Also anyone late to These Arms Are Snakes get on it. Oxneers is an amazing album. 

on a related note, I ordered the Russian Circles / These Arms 12" with this. As you probably know, it was a released in just a PVC sleeve. Well, 5 years after it's release now, the record is covered in leaked filmy bullshit from that sleeve.

Even after a cleaning and a rinse it sounds awful, can't even stand to play the whole thing.

on a related note, I ordered the Russian Circles / These Arms 12" with this. As you probably know, it was a released in just a PVC sleeve. Well, 5 years after it's release now, the record is covered in leaked filmy bullshit from that sleeve.

Even after a cleaning and a rinse it sounds awful, can't even stand to play the whole thing.

yeah, I commented on this in the Glassjaw thread about the same issue.  Sargent House sent me a replacement copy, which was also ruined.  After I complained further (and suggested that they check remaining stock or pull it) they refunded me.  It's really shitty that they are continuing to sell these.

I don't mean to downplay your opinion - since we're all entitled to our own - but there's no competition for me, personally.  Both are enjoyable records to say the very least, but I haven't been able to put Memorial down from the day it leaked.

No offense taken haha.

They are two different kind of listens for me. I definitely get more into Memorial but i feel like it's a little too short.

No offense taken haha.

They are two different kind of listens for me. I definitely get more into Memorial but i feel like it's a little too short.

Totally two different listens, I agree.  And the brevity was definitely an initial concern of mine, too.  Memorial is easily the shortest album the band has produced, despite being the most recent.  A small part of me feels as if the songs could potentially be a little longer, but another part of me thinks it may be Russian Circles' leanest album with zero fluff or filler.  Not to imply that there is filler on their previous records, it just feels like they've really polished and tightened their songwriting this time around.

I'll see them this week with Chelsea Wolfe. Can anyone here tell me what is available on the merch stand for this tour Euro?

Aw man.  So jealous!  I'm hoping they bring this line up to the states for another tour.  Seeing both RC and CW at the same show would be incredible!  Have fun!

yeah, I commented on this in the Glassjaw thread about the same issue.  Sargent House sent me a replacement copy, which was also ruined.  After I complained further (and suggested that they check remaining stock or pull it) they refunded me.  It's really shitty that they are continuing to sell these.

Just heard back from Hello Merch. They're pulling their stock to see how many are affected (probably all of em) and forwarded my email to Sargent House. So, cool that they're taking action. Bummer that such a cool release got so fucked up.

Just heard back from Hello Merch. They're pulling their stock to see how many are affected (probably all of em) and forwarded my email to Sargent House. So, cool that they're taking action. Bummer that such a cool release got so fucked up.

Oh good.  I'm really glad they're taking action.  Hopefully that will mean a repress.