Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

From the Wikipedia article on OCG:

On January 1, 2011 (1/1/11), all of the singles were compiled into an EP titled Our Color Green (The Singles),%5B17%5D a possible allusion to the title of Glassjaw's first release,Our Color Green in 6/8 Time.%5B24%5D

Doesn't specify CD but there is a chart below, that may shed some more light:

Release history 

Release                                                                Release date               Corresponding concert                                                           Catalog

"All Good Junkies Go to Heaven"                   August 8, 2010          Hevy Music Festival in Folkestone, United Kingdom         GJ88

"Jesus Glue"                                                       September 9, 2010    Vibe Lounge in Long Island, New York                                 GJ89

"Natural Born Farmer"                                       October 10, 2010       Maxwell's in Hoboken, New Jersey                                       GJ90

"Stars"                                                                  November 11, 2010   MerchDirect in Bay Shore, New York                                    GJ91

"You Think You're (John Fucking Lennon)" December 12, 2010     Knitting Factory in Brooklyn, New York                               GJ92

Our Color Green (The Singles)                      January 1, 2011          Best Buy Theater Times Square, New York

So yeah, like I said, it looks as though all the singles were compiled and given out to people who attended the Jan 1st, 2011 show at Best Buy Theatre. Pretty much what I was saying, it got a release, just not a proper one and that's prob why it flew under ppl's radar.

Not trying to be a dick, just want to set the record straight, so as not to further spread false information.

Yeah I have the CD/DVD of Coloring Book. I was pretty sure that they did a CDEP of all the OCG tracks... and the reason why I think this is because it has an album title. 'Our Color Green' so it had to be released as a collection at some point. You could only buy the singles individually, but I'm still very sure, despite what you are saying, that they did the free CD at a live show thing with both OCG and CB, or something along those lines.

Otherwise where did the Our Color Green name come from, right? Get what I'm saying? Can anyone else chime in on this? I'm going based off of memory from reading the glassjaw.net boards, but that was forever ago, so while I concede that I *could* be wrong, I'm pretty sure CD copies of the entire OCG EP do exist, but even then in very limited numbers so I could see it flying under ppls radar.

They released it digitally on amazon as OCG.

Yeah its up on amazon as OCG, no one is arguing that. I'm telling you, you are misinformed and spreading false information. You totally skipped past my other reply where I provided detailed information.

Allow me to reiterate:

Go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Color_Green_(The_Singles)

Scroll down to 'Release History' You will see:

Alright man if you say so. I've lurked the glassjaw.net boards for a decade and never once has anyone mentioned a cd release. Digital releases are still considered EPs, so your Wikipedia quotes don't really prove your point.

Anyone have the Jan 1st, 2011 release?

Is it this thang: http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m9y3wWcZdJjuv7iOUBrQSUg.jpg

?

It would be nice if it had a proper physical release of the entire EP that is readily available, whether CD or vinyl. But in true gj fashion, they do things their own way.

Sorry dan, but it seems we are both right and wrong, a simple mistake... to set the records straight OCG was released as a collection of vinyl 7"s in a special box. So yeah, it was released as a physical EP. You said they were only available digitally and individually as singles, which is incorrect. However, I had mistaken the 5x7" box for a CDEP so I was also wrong on that point.

Not trying to be a know-it-all (sorry to say but you were coming off as a know-it-all [which isn't so bad if you actually do know yr shit.]) just trying to set the record straight in case others are paying attention. Don't want to be spreading false information.

Sorry dan, but it seems we are both right and wrong, a simple mistake... to set the records straight OCG was released on Jan 1st, 2011 as a collection of vinyl 7"s in a special box. So yeah, it was released as a physical EP. You said they were only available digitally and individually as singles, which is incorrect. However, I had mistaken the 5x7" box for a CDEP so I was also wrong on that point.

Not trying to be a know-it-all (sorry to say but you were coming off as a know-it-all which isn't so bad if you actually know yr shit.) just trying to set the record straight in case others are paying attention. Don't want to be spreading false information.

They didn't release the Our Color Green boxset at the 1/1/11 show. That was the release date on Amazon for the mp3 singles put together as an album titled Our Color Green. That night was the first time they played Coloring Book live, I was there.

That box set you are talking about came with the ticket and t shirt bundle for the Worship and Tribute anniversary show they did or the one they did for the dvd release, can't remember which.

They didn't release the Our Color Green boxset at the 1/1/11 show. That was the release date on Amazon for the mp3 singles put together as an album titled Our Color Green. That night was the first time they played Coloring Book live, I was there.

That box set you are talking about came with the ticket and t shirt bundle for the Worship and Tribute anniversary show they did or the one they did for the dvd release, can't remember which.

Thank you! And ark of course I know about the box set, I have it. It's still just a collection of the same single sided 7"s they sold before, they just nixed the required adapters needed for the originals. I don't see it as anything other than a second press of those, it just happens to have a box you can store them in.

Shit is fucking confusing... each show coincided with a release... Are you telling me you were at the 1/1/11 show and they didn't have anything? People went to the show and they were like 'Hey now you guys can all go home and download OCG on amazon?'

Dan - so you have the 5x7" w/o the die-cut gj adaptor holes... What was the occasion of it's release? The W&T 10th anniversary bundle?

Lets clear this shit up. OCG was originally only released as 7"s. around the time the stars 7" went up they decided to allow each song to be purchased through merchdirect for .99 each. Not bundle. 1-1-11 was the amazon release date for the digital download bundle titled our color green. They released coloring book on cd only at the shows for free. Eventually filmed the songs live and re-released it with the DVD through merchdirect and at 2 shows. London and NY. The OCG singles were then re-released on 7"s again as a bundle (not a box set) and still available as individual downloads. There has never been a physical OCG cd. Never will be according to manny who said to me personally that there's no point since everyone will just burn it to their iPods and let the disc sit in a drawer. They have no plans of releasing any more physical CDs (what he said last year.)

Leave it to the guy w/ gj avatar to help clear some of this up but 1 genuine question remains:

Where does the 'Your Custom Fucking Package' 5x7" of OCG singles collection come from then? Usually they coincide with some event, were they sold or given away at a show for free?

I'm genuinely curious, gj has become a completionists nightmare but I actually kind of appreciate how they fuck with their fans but man does it lead to some confusion and the speculation over the 120 variant or whatever-the-fuck it is version of Coloring Book is a perfect example. I pretty much gave up on trying to keep up with their shenenigans when I couldn't get a physical OCG, I love that EP. Being a huge fan of W&T I feel like OCG was really strong coming out of that and Coloring Book kinda took a left turn that I appreciate, but I miss the aggressive edge that W&T and OCG had. Also, the El Mark EP was dope too.

Anyone have the Jan 1st, 2011 release?

Is it this thang: http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m9y3wWcZdJjuv7iOUBrQSUg.jpg

?

It would be nice if it had a proper physical release of the entire EP that is readily available, whether CD or vinyl. But in true gj fashion, they do things their own way.

no, that was the reissue of the singles with regular center holes, and you designed the colours of a gj tshirt, and it came in that box set. 

Ohhhh okay, yeah I remember the custom shirts now! You picked the colour of the shirt and the colour of the gj logo.

And it came with a ticket to a theater to watch the live performance (pre-taped) at a venue in New York or London (I think) and I believe that attendees got the Coloring Book CD/DVD for free, as well.

Your Custom Fucking Package was the name of the release.

i have a relevant question (and this is serious!  not rabble rousing.):

the color combinations seem to be specific and pre-determined.  by what means of manufacturing vinyl can a record be colored in 3 distinct, clear cut rings?  as far as the structural continuity of a record goes, they would have had to separate the pellets before melting and pressing the disc.  but there would be color bleeding and it'd end up hazy.

no one would actually suggest that they pressed different colors and chopped out a 7", then 3" more, then reassembled so each record has a 7", 10" and 12" ring, right?  i mean, that'd be absurd.  right?

no one would actually suggest that they pressed different colors and chopped out a 7", then 3" more, then reassembled so each record has a 7", 10" and 12" ring, right?  i mean, that'd be absurd.  right?

I've seen/heard of more absurd things... this seems like the most feasible way of doing it.

Leave it to the guy w/ gj avatar to help clear some of this up but 1 genuine question remains:

Where does the 'Your Custom Fucking Package' 5x7" of OCG singles collection come from then? Usually they coincide with some event, were they sold or given away at a show for free?

I'm genuinely curious, gj has become a completionists nightmare but I actually kind of appreciate how they fuck with their fans but man does it lead to some confusion and the speculation over the 120 variant or whatever-the-fuck it is version of Coloring Book is a perfect example. I pretty much gave up on trying to keep up with their shenenigans when I couldn't get a physical OCG, I love that EP. Being a huge fan of W&T I feel like OCG was really strong coming out of that and Coloring Book kinda took a left turn that I appreciate, but I miss the aggressive edge that W&T and OCG had. Also, the El Mark EP was dope too.

The custom fucking package was the bundle. It had regular spin holes instead of the GJ cut out, came with a ticket to see them in NY or London, a custom designed shirt, and all the 7"s. I guess if you want to count the box it came in as part of the bundle then it could be considered a box set but it was just a merchdirect 7" mailer that they printed on. They randomly went up online as a sale for the shows. I believe there were 1000 released. The first batch of 7"s with the glassjaw cut out was somewhere around the 400-500 range. The only thing given out at the shows was the coloring book CD, then if you went to the shows from buying the bundle you got the Cd/DVD package for free.

I need some names. Just your first and last name. If you can go to the show then send me a message. When I order my vinyl I will use someones name with my shipping info, you will then be able to go to will call and pick up your ticket. I'll pick one name at random to use so let me know if anyone wants in on that. Or $15 and the ticket is yours. Whatever comes first...

I need some names. Just your first and last name. If you can go to the show then send me a message. When I order my vinyl I will use someones name with my shipping info, you will then be able to go to will call and pick up your ticket. I'll pick one name at random to use so let me know if anyone wants in on that. Or $15 and the ticket is yours. Whatever comes first...

i might do the same.  unless the package is more than $60.  then the whole deal might be off.  aw, who fuckin' knows with these boogers.

i think youre underestimating how much this thing is going to cost.

ticket alone was 30 bucks at the venue, so id say 45 through glassjaw. Im ganna guess this is whole thing is ganna be 93 fucking dollars