Arcade Fire - Reflektor

The best vinyl pressing of any AF record I've heard to date. I was a bit disappointed with how Funeral (still my favorite of theirs) sounded on wax... Not so with this one.

And yeah, I still can't find a definitive answer for why "We Exist" got moved to open Side 2. Maybe they wanted to end the first side with "Night Time"??

I bet it has to do with the running times being too long for each side of vinyl that forced them to re-shuffle the tracklist to fit. 

The 4 tickets thing wasn't true... it's just 2 with the album preorder presale.  Tomorrow at 10am local time.

I preordered the album through Merge but didn't get any info on the presale...did they message you once the tour was announced or did you get something back when you placed the album order?

I preordered the album through Merge but didn't get any info on the presale...did they message you once the tour was announced or did you get something back when you placed the album order?

I haven't gotten an email with my presale code yet... just following along with what I'm reading on www.twitter.com/arcadefiretube  that guy knows what he's talking about.

The unique preorder code was giving me crappy seats for the Massachusetts show... I switched over and tried the general af.com code "reflektor" and got pit... really messed up that the general presale had better seats than the people who bought the album

Big thanks for the heads-up on this. I was baffled by the shit tickets I was seeing for my code. I was able to buy two solo pit tickets with the generic presale code. Weird, but at least it worked out in the long run. 

It's pretty pathetic to see all the people whining about Arcade Fire requesting that people dress up formally for this tour.

I think having people dress up would be a really cool experience.

But I don't know how this would work. I know that for a few of the club shows surrounding the record release, formal dress was required for admittance. Anyone think they will enforce this as strongly for the arena shows?

By the way, I'm in for the Columbus Ohio show.

I pulled 2 pit tickets with my "album preorder" code after a LOT of throwbacks (and Live Nation dumping pit tickets OUT of my cart the first time... GRRRR...). My friend wasn't as patient and wound up grabbing two reserved.

About an hour later (so around 11 AM?), I read this thread and told him to try the "REFLEKTOR" code. Sure enough, he grabbed 2 pit tickets right away... and an HOUR after the fact. His cost for the same identical tickets as me bought through the same website?? $16 LESS.

CrowdSurge got a pretty brutal feedback review from me after that. I doubt it does anything but if a human actually reaches out, I'll let you guys know....

Not that I'm complaining TOO much. Very happy that we all snagged pit tickets regardless of the circumstances. But I definitely wasted money between the AF "preorder" that cost $10 more than retail, and then the additional surcharge to buy their tickets through "Preorder Presale" as opposed to "Arcade Fire Presale."  :blink:

Are people getting specific "pit" tickets as opposed to GA?  The floor plans for most dates don't show a separate pit.

Depends on the show, I guess... Barclay's in NYC is just one big GA floor, right?  But the show in MA that I'm going to is an amphitheater with a much smaller GA Pit down in front. (Not to be confused with the GA Lawn in the back, etc.)

Going to the Auburn Hills show....I was going to use the presale dot com...but the seats where so so...going to take my chances with the Live Nation presale or just general public...

Also have a few calls in with via friend, hook ups, so if I end up with multiple tix to this show...due to getting some free ones..and I end up buying them too....ill post here and in the appropriate thread I have extras to the Michigan show...I am never close at the Palace...and Floor GA is just too much for me these days...damn I am getting old...ugh