Arcade Fire - Reflektor

The Suburbs feels like a "safe" record from Arcade Fire - I really like it but it's my least favorite album from them.

honestly I prefer Neon Bible and Reflektor the most, even though Funeral is a classic to most (rightfully so, I love that album too)

Hell yeah I share your exact same opinion. 

This album is making me want to like Neon Bible. I love Funeral, The Suburbs, and Reflektor... never got into Neon Bible. Probably because I haven't bought the physical record. Off to the Merge webstore...

It's so good, man. There's maybe one mediocre track on the entire record. I often think I enjoy it more than The Suburbs.

I'm with Derek on this.  I enjoyed Neon Bible quite a bit when it was released, but I when I revisited it shortly after The Suburbs was released, it really hit me how fantastic the album was.  To me, the album has a much more somber feel to it (especially on Ocean of Noise) and maybe that's why it doesn't click with people as much as Funeral or The Suburbs.  It'll probably always be the black sheep in their catalogue, but I think it's as rewarding as anything else they've done, just perhaps for different reasons.

The best vinyl pressing of any AF record I've heard to date. I was a bit disappointed with how Funeral (still my favorite of theirs) sounded on wax... Not so with this one.

And yeah, I still can't find a definitive answer for why "We Exist" got moved to open Side 2. Maybe they wanted to end the first side with "Night Time"??

• 2 weeks later...

Coachella dates are all free. I think they are for sure playing Coachella 2014. 

Yeah I'd be really surprised if they weren't.  I'm wondering about Lollapalooza.  They have the dates open, and are already headlining all 3 international Lollas.  They have a Chicago show later the same month, so it seems unlikely.  Still possible, though.

Yeah I'd be really surprised if they weren't.  I'm wondering about Lollapalooza.  They have the dates open, and are already headlining all 3 international Lollas.  They have a Chicago show later the same month, so it seems unlikely.  Still possible, though.

Eh they'd have to sign a contract to play Lolla with a proximity clause saying they wouldnt play shows in the area for  X amount of time (6 months?) around Lolla. Big festivals are usually pretty strict about that,