Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

SO damn disappointed, this pressing does not sound nearly as good as you're all saying it does. So much damn surface noise on every song on my clear copy.

Here's a play-by-play of Jesus:

*crackle crackle crackle dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun crackle crackle crackle distorted voice crackle*

^ did yours come pretty lightly scratched up? makes a little surface noise but nothing to deter from the listening experience...

just kind of disappointed in general for such an expensive record

Yeah, mines got deep scratches in all of the quiet songs. The mastering sounds good in some parts but totally fucking distorted in a bunch of other parts, and I know it's not my turntable. I've never liked clear vinyl, I've always had issues with surface noise on all of the clear records that I own.

i'm actually a pretty big fan of the mastering...my AFS sounded good but the MOV has the vinyl warmth to it that i want from my records...just was expecting a little bit better packaging and could have just went with basic paper sleeves...i think the sleeves scratched the heck out of the vinyl from being so tight and shitty...luckily the scratches haven't affected my sound but it's bull shit from a new release

Yo, scratch that, I'm stupid and was using the preamp setting on my receiver rather than my table. Still has surface noise though, that I will not back down from!

I'm gonna say that you got a copy that is unfortunately scratched vs all of us being liars about the sound quality.

i would trade my red marbled copy (#192) for a copy of the starting lines "say it like you mean it" lp

You're too gracious. You'd give up an album that you purchased as trade bait for an album that's been out of print for 10 years??!

We need more members like you.

You're too gracious. You'd give up an album that you purchased as trade bait for an album that's been out of print for 10 years??!

We need more members like you.

where's the problem? both pressings are oop and perhaps someone on here likes a copy of the brand new record more than a copy of tsl record...i like the brand new record, but a black copy would does it for me as well....i ordered my copy of jpc and at first, they only had red copieds they send out. i didnt looked at which color it is and then i noticed that the red one i got is very sought after...

where's the problem? both pressings are oop and perhaps someone on here likes a copy of the brand new record more than a copy of tsl record...i like the brand new record, but a black copy would does it for me as well....i ordered my copy of jpc and at first, they only had red copieds they send out. i didnt looked at which color it is and then i noticed that the red one i got is very sought after...

Anybody who wanted a red copy of TDAG badly enough to trade "Say It Like You Mean It" PROBABLY found a way to preorder a copy.

If you think your record is so sought after go unload it on eBay or something. I understand everyone has to take a poop but most of us have the common sense not to do it out in public like you. 

Ok, still no answer to my question: where is the problem? 

NOBODY has to do the trade with me...

is this a board for record collectors? are record collectors trading records? can i ask anyone on a record collectors board if anyone is trading a record with me...i guess: yes, i can...

Anybody who wanted a red copy of TDAG badly enough to trade "Say It Like You Mean It" PROBABLY found a way to preorder a copy.

If you think your record is so sought after go unload it on eBay or something. I understand everyone has to take a poop but most of us have the common sense not to do it out in public like you. 

I don't think that it is as crazy for him to believe that he has a chance as you seem to think it is. I wouldn't make that trade, but there's no need to keep arguing about it.