Nicolas Cage = Dope

I really don't understand the somewhat recent 'love' of nic cage. He's an average actor(at best), and has appeared in as many poor movies as John travolta.

Why does anyone like him? Is it this modern kitsch cult? Where anything that's fucking stupidly bad, is considered good(ala sharknado)?

Let me in on this secret

I really don't understand the somewhat recent 'love' of nic cage. He's an average actor(at best), and has appeared in as many poor movies as John travolta.

Why does anyone like him? Is it this modern kitsch cult? Where anything that's fucking stupidly bad, is considered good(ala sharknado)?

Let me in on this secret

He's capable of being a great actor when he wants to be, but most of the time he's slumming in anything that's offered to him because he bought too many castles and didn't pay his taxes forever. He can also turn the crazy up to 11 and is a lot of fun to watch. There's a huge difference between Vampire's Kiss/Bad Lieutenant/Adaptation Nic Cage and Bangkok Dangerous/Stolen/Direct to Video Nic Cage.

Let me in on this secret

I've always liked Nic Cage and his action films (Kick-Ass, Con Air, Face/Off, The Rock), but I've always wanted to see his dramas (Adapatation, Leaving Las Vegas). Oh, and Raising Arizona was good to

He's capable of being a great actor when he wants to be, but most of the time he's slumming in anything that's offered to him because he bought too many castles and didn't pay his taxes forever. He can also turn the crazy up to 11 and is a lot of fun to watch. There's a huge difference between Vampire's Kiss/Bad Lieutenant/Adaptation Nic Cage and Bangkok Dangerous/Stolen/Direct to Video Nic Cage.

absolutely dude.  He's had a few really amazing roles/characters, and a lot of fucking duds.

The SNL "get in the cage" skit always nails it 

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/nicolas-cage-vs-nicolas-cage-on-snl-246147

Nicolas Cage: So my FIRST question is: HOW AM I NOT IN THAT MOVIE?!! It has all the classic elements I look for in a movie! 1. It exists. 2. Much like Sherlock Holmes, I am a high-society playboy who moonlights as a cyborg assassin. 

Let me in on this secret

I thought he was great in Leaving Las Vegas.