PO: MxPx "Left Coast Punk EP" (Limited Ed. Halloween Versions)

mmhmm

There's a limited edition, Halloween glow-in-the-dark version available here:

/50 variant with alternate, hand-numbered cover + t-shirt (sold out)

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=215416

/200 variant with limited edition, hand-numbered cover (sold out)

http://sexybabyrecords.storenvy.com/products/2892111-mxpx-left-coast-punk-ep-7-w-download-code-glow-in-the-dark-hallow

The /200 variant showed up about a week and a half ago and the /50 variant was available five days ago...MxPx just posted about it on the FB page, hence it being "new" to people, including myself.  

Gotcha, i just wanted to make sure you didn't think they had sold out that quick just this morning.

I used to LOVE these guys back in the day. I honestly haven't listened to anything after whatever album was after "The Ever Passing Moment". Am I missing anything in the last couple albums?

If you liked their older stuff then no, you probably aren't missing anything. Each album after Ever Passing tried to get more and more radio friendly, not that there's anything wrong with it but it just becomes real cheesy pop punk along the way. There's a few songs I like from the last 10 years or so but not enough, maybe 1 song per album. And I'm saying that as someone who got into them with the release of EPM and also loves cheesy pop punk.

I used to LOVE these guys back in the day. I honestly haven't listened to anything after whatever album was after "The Ever Passing Moment". Am I missing anything in the last couple albums?

I'm going to counter the previous statements and say MxPx has been putting out some good music during the last 10 years.  For fans of their older stuff, there are plenty of newer songs that are in that vein, but also many that are poppier.  You just have to look for them.  Check out "Panic" and the "Left Coast Punk" EP for some great stuff.

MXPX have been one of those bands that continuously make good music. Before Everything and After might be their worst record IMO, but there are still good songs on it. Panic was a return to form type album and it's got a bunch of good songs. Secret Weapon is pretty good too. "Punk Rock Celebrity" and the title track are great.

PWP was tough to get into. I haven't really listened to that. Even this EP has a bunch of catchy tracks. The End is pop-punk bliss.