Gaslight Anthem - Sink or Swim on Red

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if they have this on tour?

virgil said that he couldn't get any copies because they all went to no idea and the band, so i would guess they do.

The L.A. show was amazing. I made the 3-4 hour drive down to The Alley in Fullerton last time they were in CA with The Draft and Dead To Me and I swear I was the only one in the place that was up front singing the words to every song they played. The crowd SUCKED! This time, though, everyone was singing along and just going nuts...great show. The only thing that could have made it better is if Nothington hadn't dropped out.

As far as the vinyl goes, they got them sometime before the end of the show...they didn't have them yet when I first went up to the merch table. I'm kinda bummed, though...I bought a copy and I guess the insert just fell out while I was trying to get through the crowd (while keeping my record safe) when I was leaving the show. Oh well...

I can't wait until Virgil gets the Euro versions in...I check this site a million times a day in anticipation.

I actually cracked and broke my own rule and bought the red version even though I already have a black copy. I figured if they stay on course and keep getting more and more popular the black version will only become more and more sought after so I guess I'm going to keep it in as good of shape as possible.

Anyways, I didn't hold them both in my hands at the same time but I did notice that the red version seemed to be heavier/thicker than I remember the black version being. Anyone else notice this?

LA show was amazing, an awesome time, definitely a great experience for my first show out here on the west coast. they pretty much played sink or swim and senor and the queen in their entirety. Show was sold out about half way through, they got in a box of the LP's like was said above.

The new record is going to be 12 songs, and they played a new song "the 59 sound" (title track) at the show and it sounded great. It will be released as a 7" single in June I think is what benny said, through sideonedummy and then the full length drops in august.

so stoked on this.

Did anyone else at the L.A. show run into Dickey Barrett from Mighty Mighty Bosstones? My friend said he was outside smoking his pipe and Dickey walked up and made a comment about it and they ended up talking for a few minutes...random.

haha yeah, he was an eyesore in that crowd, cool guy though.