Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

If you were in the text group, you would have already known! :ph34r: People have actually been pretty good about texting only important info and keeping the extraneous chit chat down. That type of shit is for here, of course! And Jotorobo's damn blinking signature cat that is going to give me a seizure someday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlCoBra6PfU

Haven't received my Goya album yet, but hopefully it'll be at my doorstep when I get home today.

Mine says it isn't supposed to be here until Wed. but I expect it today judging by where it was in tracking. Have no fear, I bet yours'll come today or tomorrow!

Jealous for all you with tracking numbers on that. Guess mine will be a surprise!

Edit: i cannot read apparently and thought people were talking about crypt trip.

Oh, yeah, I'm kind of expecting my Crypt Trip today too, no tracking number on that guy though.

Edit:

Aaaaaaaand...Wife just texted me that mail came early today and I got 2 records! Wooooo. I'm pretty far behind on listening to the stuff that has come in lately, though.

Earache Records has been deleting my posts about how they screwed over Sleep for rights and royalties on Holy Mountain...

"Let us talk, once again, about the band SLEEP, and their beautiful record Holy Mountain. Your lack of a response is equal to your lack of ethics. Keep copying and pasting generic responses to the fans you look to for support and brand loyalty. After all nothing keeps customers coming back like feeling neglected or annoyed by companies and organizations that produce products they love. If you were applying the responsibility ethics lens to the situation, do you feel what happened between Earache Records and the band Sleep was wrong? Then it probably was wrong. In my experience organizations that do right ethically typically thrive, and feel better about themselves. Organizations that act unethical usually pay for it in the end. Poor leadership and unethical behavior trickles from the top, upper management/owners, to the bottom, workers/interns. Being in a position of leadership is an honor, and honor that should be upheld through ethical behavior, flexibility, sense of humor, knowing when to delegate, when to reward, knowing how to empower, and create leaders out of all of your employees. Seek a peaceful resolution, clean your conscience, and put this situation behind every party involved. Do the right thing. Happiness is infectious, and it radiates through everything you do. Do not ignore the situation and hope it goes away. Do we not see that enough in the world today? Government, greedy corporations, they all see problems and ignore them until they swell and burst. The truth is Sleep has a fan base that is growing at more of a rapid rate than ever before. I am sure you see that in sales of their merchandise. Now is the time to squash the beef and make things right. Both sides will benefit from this. Thank you for your time."