Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Joto, everyone was trying to warn me off of buying used...but I got mine for $280 shipped, used, just missing the headset (which was getting replaced anyway) and with a year warranty from cowboom.com

You just have to get on there and look for one that looks to have everything with it and you can snag one for a steal, man.

It said it was in "fair" condition, but it had the most minor dust scuffing to the glossy part and that was it.

Then I picked up Destiny for cheap, Last of Us remastered for like $20ish, and Shadow of Mordor and The Evil Within tonight for $25 apiece. So...for $380 ($20 less than the cost of a PS4 in stores) I got my PS4 and 4 games.

(also, cowboom isn't some sketchy site, it's Best Buy's used retail site, as it turns out.)

Joto, everyone was trying to warn me off of buying used...but I got mine for $280 shipped, used, just missing the headset (which was getting replaced anyway) and with a year warranty from cowboom.com

You just have to get on there and look for one that looks to have everything with it and you can snag one for a steal, man.

It said it was in "fair" condition, but it had the most minor dust scuffing to the glossy part and that was it.

Then I picked up Destiny for cheap, Last of Us remastered for like $20ish, and Shadow of Mordor and The Evil Within tonight for $25 apiece. So...for $380 ($20 less than the cost of a PS4 in stores) I got my PS4 and 4 games.

(also, cowboom isn't some sketchy site, it's Best Buy's used retail site, as it turns out.)

My options as of late were: paying inflated prices just to make small down payments through qvc/hsn, saving up (which seems to be impossible), or just waiting for tax refunds. I hate to wait until March, but it may be what I'll have to do. That or qvc/hsn. It's so hard to even save $280 because in November I ave my daughter's and my wife's birthday. Then we have Christmas, and in January is the new baby....if I could just stop buying records <_< yeah right...

yeah that qvc route is no good. i have been toying with buying a new system but I would rather have a) new records or B) have so many games on ps3/360 i own and havent played it makes no sense.  as of late I have just been trying to work through my game backlog and playing all these records i have bought.  a true win/win that helps me suppress the buying a new system talk... 

yeah that qvc route is no good. i have been toying with buying a new system but I would rather have a) new records or B) have so many games on ps3/360 i own and havent played it makes no sense.  as of late I have just been trying to work through my game backlog and playing all these records i have bought.  a true win/win that helps me suppress the buying a new system talk... 

I know it sounds lame, but all my PSN friends have went over to PS4. Now I feel so lost and alone. I know I will have a PS4 by March at least, but I don't want to buy new games just to have them for 3 months. The more I read this the more I realize my rationalizing is stupid. I guess what I really is to spend money on something satisfying, and records have been overwhelming lately. I spend lots of money and 10 new releases come out and I'm in a constant battle. Get a new game system couple new games and I can sit down for a month or two and stop spending money for a while haha. Anyways, late night ramblings of a mad man! Happy Thanksgiving to all you psychic wizards!

The FDR releases all do sound amazing...

Everyone I have heard has become the way that I listen to that record from then on

I just remembered that I've the digital version I've been listening to is the 2009 remaster but I have original 1992 release as well. So I do indeed hope that they remaster this as the remaster does sound considerably better than the original files from 1992.

Also, which of you cursed my Yob records? First the copy of Clearing The Path To Ascend comes black instead of the 180g black and today I received The Great Cessation on black vinyl although I ordered silver. Weirrrrrdddd.

Are there pictures that show what these look like? If the splatter is cool looking may go with that regardless of it being "less rare"

That splatter looks dope. Gonna spend 50 bucks today on this site. Ugggh

Edit: i already own oceanic and completely forgot. Gonna grab that last isis repress i forgot about though. Also for those looking to get deathwish stuff and plan to spend mor than 50 on robo its actually cheaper to get it there. Prices are already cheaper on robo than dw for most of the releases plus an extra 10% off roughly.

I unfortunately didn't expect much. They've got some great bands, but the dude(s?) that sub that label seem to suck.

Just curious, what lead you to that conclusion?

In other Black Friday news, Ruby The Hatchet is shipping their good everywhere for free.

https://thehatchet.bandcamp.com/merch

I've also gotten a dick vibe from that guy. Love the music on the label, but if it gets to a point where he really pisses me off, I just won't buy his stuff anymore. I hold grudges. :angry:

Samesies.

I'm all about the whole DIY record thing that him and Steve are a part of, but the difference for me is in the people. Steve over at STB is the greatest, nicest dude. I've gotten shitty vibes off of Riding Easy, which is a real bummer.

I also just like STB's products better, the Riding Easy stuff, unless you get the diehard releases have kind of flimsy jackets and stuff. Steve knocks each release out of the park.