Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

First time dipping into this thread cuz I'm listening to this tonight...

triptykon-melana-chasmata.jpg

Never heard of them, checking it out now! This is a great thread Juan, we're all friendly here :)

Edit:

A little more black metal that most stuff I'm into, definitely not bad though! I like my metal slow and chuggy, and this is definitely that.

^^ Thanks homie.

For those who may now know, Triptykon are the post-Celtic Frost band that Tom G. Warrior started. They're a bit more doom-y and avanta-garde metal than CF. 

According to Warrior, it's what he always wanted to for Celtic Frost to sound like by their last album. 

First time dipping into this thread cuz I'm listening to this tonight...

triptykon-melana-chasmata.jpg

I have to say, when I had a notification from Juan on the doom stoner thread I immediately thought.."oh god the fuzz is here what have we done?!" Nice to see you around though!

My Slomatics- Estron showed up today from the UK, thankfully in one piece. Damn this shit is super heavy and I was blasting Monolord in the car on the way home! If I had a subwoofer I think my house would fall down.

I had a guy on instagram send me a sealed copy of the cd along with some sweet download codes and a free sticker for my record player. He did all of that for free too, pretty bad ass. I still haven't listened to it yet... :-(

Yeah. I'm going diehard on this guy. I think I probably will from here on out for STB. Label is solid, and Steve is like...the nicest dude ever.

That Geezer Halloween press was my first piece from them... was really impressed with the pressing quality and the music. Now that they are working with Goya I think I'll buy a lot of releases from them blindly.

I have to say, when I had a notification from Juan on the doom stoner thread I immediately thought.."oh god the fuzz is here what have we done?!" Nice to see you around though!

Ha! That's good! I like that. 

I've always been into a lot of doom and stoner metal and offshoots...just don't listen to it too often but when I do I go on major kicks. Right now it's been a lot of Celtic Frost and Triptykon (esp. them) which prompted me to post. And also to get out of the funk from another thread that shook me up a bit. 

So, donno if you guys can help me out here. I've been trying to figure out what version my Salem's Pot - Urar gobbledigook title is, because it isn't listed anywhere.

It's green, but it's opaque green, not translucent. Not listed on Discogs, not listed on Riding Easy and I emailed them about it once and never got a response.

Any place else I could look?

Ha! That's good! I like that. 

I've always been into a lot of doom and stoner metal and offshoots...just don't listen to it too often but when I do I go on major kicks. Right now it's been a lot of Celtic Frost and Triptykon (esp. them) which prompted me to post. And also to get out of the funk from another thread that shook me up a bit. 

I have heard of those bands, but never listened to them. I am going to go try it out now. Any good starting points? Btw, what thread? Did jhulud have to smack a bitch?!

So, donno if you guys can help me out here. I've been trying to figure out what version my Salem's Pot - Urar gobbledigook title is, because it isn't listed anywhere.

It's green, but it's opaque green, not translucent. Not listed on Discogs, not listed on Riding Easy and I emailed them about it once and never got a response.

Any place else I could look?

Any tour copies listed? Maybe it's a copy they sold on tour.

I have heard of those bands, but never listened to them. I am going to go try it out now. Any good starting points? Btw, what thread? Did jhulud have to smack a bitch?!

Ask around...I;m sure a few will tell you which thread.  ;)

As for where to start with Celtic Frost and Triptykon. I always suggest anyone to start at the beginning for each. Each album has been a progression. CF has been around since 1984, so they have a very varied discography. Personally, To Mega Therion is my favorite. 

Triptykon only have two LPs out so far. They're both fuckin' great. 

Ask around...I;m sure a few will tell you which thread.  ;)

As for where to start with Celtic Frost and Triptykon. I always suggest anyone to start at the beginning for each. Each album has been a progression. CF has been around since 1984, so they have a very varied discography. Personally, To Mega Therion is my favorite. 

Triptykon only have two LPs out so far. They're both fuckin' great. 

GET OUT OF OUR THREAD JUAN!!!